Falcon F16V3 setup in xLights

Eamonb

New elf
Hi all, I am trying to finalize my 2017 set up before placing the pixel order... and have a few questions (hopefully easy)...

My control set up (on order):
1 x F16V3
1 x F16v3 Differential Expansion
4x 4-String Differential Receiver Boards.

Question 1:
Looking at the specs for the above set up, the data sheet says 1024 pixels per output for the F16V3 and 340 pixels x 4 per receiver board. In xLights, I have 510 channels per universe (170 pixels) - does that mean I have 2 universes per output channel on the receiver boards and 6 universes per channel on the F16V3 (for a total of 1020 channels)?

Question 2:
I want to have several DMX flood lights, I understand you can run the lights off the RS-485 port on the F16V3. How do I map that in xLights? And can I run the RJ45 straight to the flood lights (assume it is daisy chained)?

Thanks!

Eamonb

New elf
I think I may have answered part of #1 - 32 strings with 340 pixels per string, that is 1020 channels and 2 universes at 510. I guess that means I have 64 universes, 32 for the V3 board and 8 for each of the receivers?
http://pixelcontroller.com/documents/F16V2 and Differential Expansions.pdf
So in the layout, for example, a model has 300 pixels (900 channels). The start universe is #1:1 and it ends at #2:390. In the model I tell it to use the first port on the board, so WS2811:1 and the V3 is smart enough to go across multiple universes?
I have the feeling I am over thinking this a little and should trust in the Falcon, but I don't want to get to Nov/Dec and be redoing all the layout to make it work :)
Thanks!

LightsOn81st

Apprentice elf
You're correct in your thinking on a single output being able to span across universes, so your config should work just fine.

The Falcon controllers make it super easy, and if you come across any problems just post or jump into chat and you'll find answers in short order!