Feeling disappointed

Should I keep going

• Total voters

keithsw1111

Senior elf
I think you are being pretty hard on the xlights community. Those guys worked pretty damn hard posting stuff on numerous occasions. Answering questions and producing videos.

Maybe it looked like people were submitting their videos because they were sharing them on Facebook And you assumed that was the submission processs.

Would love to see the post where someone said the way to submit your video was to post it to Facebook.

Boof63

Senior elf
Keep going, or at least have a break for a year, it is time consuming, if you are like us and hand out candy canes through December every night. It can wear a little thin at the end of December. We had fewer cars this year but more donations ($980- a new record for us) and we are in a small rural town. But having kids and big kids give you a thumbs up or high five is what it's about. So don't lose heart, have a break if that will recharge the batteries and will help. I'm sure you will be surprised by how many people will ask you about your display if it's not on next year!
All the best, Cheers Boof63:):)

The Bald Boy

New elf
My display is a dumb one as I only had enough time to put inflatables and dumb LEDs. I sit and watch the passing traffic and when you hear children saying wow or it's santa over there it makes me smile. My children also like it - one is a teenager. I do it for my family and me - everything else is a bonus. Yeah it gets hot in Australia and a $5 part that failed left me deflated to the point I couldn't complete my first smart display, but I will continue not for the accolades or public recognition, but purely for the smiles and self satisfaction. It is the spirit of the whole process - that is what I and you can control. If the candle is burning low, take a break and reevaluate. Never let the candle burn out, it may then be too late to find another. Good luck with your choice. :)

SmartAlecLights

Im a SmartAlec what can i say!
Community project designer
Vic i understand what you mean.
I myself found where to post not that easy (ending up posed it in 3 places) I guess one was right.
put it this way, with the snapshot they took of my show, you can have my position anytime. (they took my ugly side)
In the end it was a bit of fun with a free sequence.
So How about placing a link to your entry? cause im sure it will be better than the 2seconds you would of got in that video.
Chin up

thecrazylightlady

Yes I admit it.....I have the C.L.A.P
I’m the same as everyone else. I have been doing Xmas lights for 16 years and originally started doing it for myself and my kids. Then the same families started coming year after year to look and have photos out front of my home. So now I still do it for me, but also for the community. I don’t care if someone else’s is bigger or better than mine. I don’t have mine sequenced, they are just on random, but the kids love it and that’s all that matters. I don’t want to be in any competition or be featured on anything, I just want families to come and see my lights and just forget their worries for just a few minutes.
I love spreading Christmas cheer and that’s all that matters

bluzervic

65,768 Channels, 185 Universes
All,
As I was taking down my display, I got to thinking, and came to the conclusion that not only am I doing this because I want to, because I enjoy seeing the smiles on others faces, but because this is art. And my Art is like no other.

Therefore I have to keep going.
Thanks for all your input. This is a whole other reason I like being part of this chat and forums group.

Now if I can just get uncledan to agree to doing a mini. ;)

Bluzervic

QLDKing(Brad)

Senior elf
I am doing this because I want to, and because I enjoy seeing the smiles on others faces, but because this is art. And my Art is like no other.
Im a bit late on this - but for my 2c but you have hit the nail on the head. You do it for the oohs and aahhs and nothing else.
Now if I can just get uncledan to agree to doing a mini.
You and @uncledan are more then welcome to attend the NT mini.

Brad