FPP Projector Control

spaulgal

Apprentice elf
Hello all--
I'm trying to control a NEC PA804UL-W projector.
I have the FPP Projector Control plugin and I have it configured using a similar NEC projector because my projector is not in the list.
I have connection type set to IP; Baud Rate 38400, Char bits 8; Stop Bits 1, Parity: None, Pjlink (set to projector's IP) and password set to the Pjlink password.

I've created a scheduled playlist in FPP. In the playlist under the lead in section:
Command: Run Script
Command (Arg 1) PROJECTOR-ON.sh

My projector is not being triggered. I likely have a config issue. Can anyone chime in on my settings?
Thanks

spaulgal

Apprentice elf
The IP address of the projector is 192.168.16.111 and FPP is 192.168.16.70. Mask should be 255.255.255.0. Yes, they are both connected to the same switch.

MikeKrebs

Full time elf
Doesn't sound like a network problem and that is end of my projector troubleshooting. Are you running the NEC software to control the projector? Maybe you could find the exact format of the connection string and commands and then check what FPP is sending and figure out what is different.

KiwiPhil

Full time elf
Baud Rate 38400, Char bits 8; Stop Bits 1, Parity: None - these do not apply if using ip control. they are for RS-232

I didn't have much consistent success with the pjlink script in FPP with my panasonic or epson pj's to run multiple units, but just one was ok. I ended up just using a different av controller to manage the projectors. PJLink is pretty basic so shouldn't be too difficult to diagnose

1) make sure pjlink is enabled from the projector menu
2) make sure no one has changed the pjlink password - or if you have make sure you are using the correct password, this can be different from the web/admin/control4/crestron passwords - could also be no password
3) test with this app to make sure the projector is setup correctly for pjlink and remove FPP/ scripts from the equation

spaulgal

Apprentice elf
Thanks. Ok, I am able to control the projector with the test app, but still not FPP. I'm guessing, but I think the issue must be with the Port number or with how the command is set up in FPP.

I do not see a Port number listed anywhere in the projector menu, so I used the Port number that was prefilled in the test app -- 4352. Again that seems to work well in the test app.

I do not quite understand what KiwiPhil meant by "remove FPP/ scripts from the equation" I'll paste a photo of my FPP commands below....There is likely an error in how I have it setup.

Attachments

• IMG_9955.jpg
    IMG_9955.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
I do not quite understand what KiwiPhil meant by "remove FPP/ scripts from the equation"

What he meant was by doing this:

I am able to control the projector with the test app, but still not FPP.

You have proven the projector to work, and respond correctly on the network. So therefore the issue is with FPP or the scripts. Prior to doing that test, the fault could have been with the projector, which you'd never be able to figure out.
This has given a really good starting point for further investigation.