Gaps on effects when importing sequences

ermarquez

Apprentice elf
There are several ways to create groups.

In the Layout tab, you can select all of your props (by holding down ctrl and clicking on each one) then right-click one of them and click "create group." You can then name the group. ALL works, or Whole Display, or something similar to indicate that it's all of your props. You'll then need to create a second one with everything but your mega tree(s).

Alternatively, you can right-click in the Model/Group box in the top left of the Layout tab and click "Add Empty Group." You can then name the group, and while it is selected, you can select everything on the left side in the bottom left and click the arrow to move it over to the "Models in Group" box.

There are other methods, but those two are probably the simplest.
thanks a lot ! will try soon

ermarquez

Apprentice elf
One other tip I see immediately is that you didn't map the submodels under the EFLakes. You can tell that they are black on the right, rather than gray, so they haven't been used in the mapping yet. Click the > on the left of the target EFLake to open it so you can drag the rest of the effects on.

Now, there are two interesting things you can save, the sequence (.xsq), and the mapping list that you used to do the import (.xmap). That .xmap can be saved and loaded from the "Load Mapping" and "Save Mapping" buttons at the bottom of the import dialog. That's the best way to pick up where you left off.
thanks!

ermarquez

Apprentice elf
hi merry and all : my layout have all rings and next down to it is all rings_1 - what this means ? a sub model of rings? and also big hearts and next with _ and biy Y followed by Y_ . the source layout haven’t this things so will pick any as trial ? any idea what is the best option to choose from source layout . thanks a lot

merryoncherry

Senior elf
I am taking a bit of a guess here because I don't have a copy of your layout. When you import/download a custom model into your layout, it will try to create the groups for that custom model. If those groups already exist, because you had that prop before, it will ask:
1685364273725.png
If you say "No", you will get another set of groups with _1, _2, etc.
You will have to go look at your layout and see if either of these is empty, if they need consolidated, or what may have happened.

ermarquez

Apprentice elf
I am taking a bit of a guess here because I don't have a copy of your layout. When you import/download a custom model into your layout, it will try to create the groups for that custom model. If those groups already exist, because you had that prop before, it will ask:
View attachment 22961
If you say "No", you will get another set of groups with _1, _2, etc.
You will have to go look at your layout and see if either of these is empty, if they need consolidated, or what may have happened.
hi , some are empty and some have folders under it. example my eld starburst spinner got folder like rings , segment , etc . 2nd example - my GE BOAW diamonds grp got a black icon with red thing on right end ( which i don’t know what it means ) . so what to do with empty , with folders and with black icon thing ? thanks

merryoncherry

Senior elf
There is an option to delete all empty groups, that might help you unless you want some of them.
I don't know what a black icon with red thing on end it. Maybe a picture would help.

ermarquez

Apprentice elf
There is an option to delete all empty groups, that might help you unless you want some of them.
I don't know what a black icon with red thing on end it. Maybe a picture would help.

Attachments

• BEAF280C-D71F-4618-B688-FD225D90F9B1.jpeg
    BEAF280C-D71F-4618-B688-FD225D90F9B1.jpeg
    853.6 KB · Views: 8

ermarquez

Apprentice elf
hi merry , not sure what happens but some of my own layout have sub parts with this “black thing with red on end “ - left of text - all gone now. this icon only shows now on the source sequence.