1. New to Christmas lighting? Get started with the AusChristmasLighting 101 Manual:
    auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/AusChristmasLighting-101

G’day from Western Sydney

Discussion in 'New Members Say Hello' started by Paul H, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Paul H

Paul H New Elf

Hi all, Paul from Penrith, Australia here. Don’t have my own setup yet but researching costs involved in setting up a half decent display with my ultimate aim to raise funds for local charities as well as cancer research.
    A bit time poor arm to be really active but will be checking in every now and then.

2. OzAz

OzAz Senior Elf Generous Elf

Hi Paul, welcome to ACL, have a read thru the ACL 101 manual there's some good info in it
    This can be a very time consuming and expensive hobby, but rewarding, welcome to the madness :D

bigdeer likes this.
  3. djgra79

djgra79 My name is Graham & I love flashing lights! Generous Elf

Find Me On:
    Hi Paul welcome to ACL!
    Plenty of info in the threads and if you have a quick question you can always jump into chat, someone is usually around.
    Download and read the 101 manual: https://auschristmaslighting.com/threads/auschristmaslighting-101-manual.1889/ (then read it again a few more times!)
    This will help get you started covering a wide range of topics about what type of equipment is required. It's not the cheapest hobby in the world, but there are definite savings to be had by being a mostly DIY hobby.
    Look forward to seeing your display progress when you get time to work on it.
    Cheers, Graham

bigdeer likes this.
  4. NTKing(Brad)

NTKing(Brad) Full Time Elf

Find Me On:
    Welcome to ACL Paul. +3 on the cost for this hobby, but its great fun and very rewarding when its all working.

Brad

bigdeer likes this.
  5. lithgowlights

lithgowlights Senior Elf Generous Elf

Find Me On:
    Welcome. There are plenty of "Locals" to help you in your research, and you are always welcome in chat too, as there are a few of us that always seem to be there

6. ross eling

ross eling New Elf

Don't aim to big. I did and you end up with nothing
    Something is better than nothing outline your place with smart pixels and a cheap controller. I used a HC008 its preprogrammed and just keep adding bestest of luck

7. kinglights

kinglights Apprentice Elf

Welcome to ACL..Make sure you checkout the 101 manual.

8. bpj1980 / Boot

bpj1980 / Boot Full Time Elf

Welcome to ACL, plenty of people here to help answer any of those questions you have, remember no question is a silly question, we all started somewhere and had our own questions.. trust me I had plenty and the guys and girls here helped out amazingly.. Good luck with it all, as Ross said, don't aim big, start with a few things to get your head into it then move on from there.