G’day from Western Sydney

Paul H

New elf
Hi all, Paul from Penrith, Australia here. Don’t have my own setup yet but researching costs involved in setting up a half decent display with my ultimate aim to raise funds for local charities as well as cancer research.
A bit time poor arm to be really active but will be checking in every now and then.

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator
Hi Paul, welcome to ACL, have a read thru the ACL 101 manual there's some good info in it
This can be a very time consuming and expensive hobby, but rewarding, welcome to the madness :D

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Hi Paul welcome to ACL!
Plenty of info in the threads and if you have a quick question you can always jump into chat, someone is usually around.
Download and read the 101 manual: https://auschristmaslighting.com/threads/auschristmaslighting-101-manual.1889/ (then read it again a few more times!)
This will help get you started covering a wide range of topics about what type of equipment is required. It's not the cheapest hobby in the world, but there are definite savings to be had by being a mostly DIY hobby.
Look forward to seeing your display progress when you get time to work on it.
Cheers, Graham

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
Welcome. There are plenty of "Locals" to help you in your research, and you are always welcome in chat too, as there are a few of us that always seem to be there

ross eling

New elf
Generous elf
Hi all, Paul from Penrith, Australia here. Don’t have my own setup yet but researching costs involved in setting up a half decent display with my ultimate aim to raise funds for local charities as well as cancer research.
A bit time poor arm to be really active but will be checking in every now and then.

Don't aim to big. I did and you end up with nothing
Something is better than nothing outline your place with smart pixels and a cheap controller. I used a HC008 its preprogrammed and just keep adding bestest of luck

B_P_J

Full time elf
Welcome to ACL, plenty of people here to help answer any of those questions you have, remember no question is a silly question, we all started somewhere and had our own questions.. trust me I had plenty and the guys and girls here helped out amazingly.. Good luck with it all, as Ross said, don't aim big, start with a few things to get your head into it then move on from there.