Glitches in my show

Vinci

New elf
My controller loses connection during my sequences. I watched all the videos and I installed programs to stop losing connection to my controller in xscheduler but it did not fix the problem. It only happens on two of my sequences. I tried to dissect the problem but I can’t seem to figure it out. I want to check sequence on the toolbar. That gave me some warning messages that I figured out but there’s no errors. What should I do thanks

LightingJunkie

New elf
Let's start with posting the Tools--->Check Sequence Log for the sequences that are losing connection with the controllers.
Would also be helpful if you said what type of controllers you are using.

CargoLights

Apprentice elf
Generous elf
So, there are a lot of questions before anyone can give you any useful information. What controller are you using? How are you communicating (is it E1.31, DDP, etc)? You mentioned it's only 2 sequences, is it at the same place in those sequences every time, and does it disconnect every time either of those sequences are played? If so, has it ever played one of those sequences, and has something changed since then?

Perhaps most importantly, is the controller connecting via wifi or a cable? How many ports are you using, and how many lights total?

Finally, I can't think of any way that software on your computer would be able to help maintain a network connection. I would be very concerned that you've installed malicious software on your system, and it's only going to make things worse.

merryoncherry

Senior elf
I agree that we need to know more about how you know that the connection is lost, and what the network is like.

And what you installed.

Way out on a limb, I did set static ARP to ensure data flow did not get disrupted on my wired network, to some FPP/BBB-based controllers. Seems to have helped.

LightingJunkie

New elf
Solution! I am posting for Vinci, since I doubt he will come back on here and update the post for other users. One of his controllers is the Hinks PixPro with two Long Range Receivers connected. This controller would freeze/reset throughout his sequences. The issue was not enough power to correctly operate the Hinks PixPro. He had all his lights brightness set to 80%. Once he lowered the brightness to %20 as a test everything ran fine. He is going to inject more power to the Controller so he can set his brightness to 60% for all his lights, which I believe is the best setting from the little I know. Joe Hinkle was kind enough to return a phone call to Vinci and suggest this was probably the issue. We have spoken to Mr. Hinkle numerous times, can't thank him enough, very patient and kind man with great products. From what I understand, The HinksPix Pro needed more power than his other controllers(Light-O-Rama, 2 HolidayCoro AlphaPix 16) because it has a CPU inside for the long range receiver options.

Long Story Short: Vinci is an awesome contractor/builder but he is clueless when it comes to light shows. His solution when something doesn't work is to start click random buttons or settings or he justs calls me and says this stand doesn't light up tell me why, lol. I'm his friend with a video engineering background and decided to help him out years ago when he walked into my house with a light-o-rama controller. I've regretted it ever since, hahah. Took me three years of begging before he created a spreadsheet to label everything.

I will say this light show community is amazing, so friendly and helpful. I also love the xlights software. Thanks and hope all your shows are running smooth.