Has anyone bought from dhgate.com

Derf

am now a 5v hypocrite
Hello!

Just been browsing around to source WS2811 Strip as I have been informed that Ray is quite busy. I have found 5m Weatherproof roll on the site DH Gate. here is the link to the one I'm currently looking at.

https://www.dhgate.com/product/dc-1...lexible/400497979.html#s1-1-1b;srp|0136535187

Currently Sells for US $12.07 (16 AUD ish) per 5 Meter roll with free shipping. Was planning on using a F16V3 to control the strips.

Just wanting to know if anyone has bought from this site before and if they could share their whole experience (E.g. Shipping Times, Chip quality, etc)

Regards
Derf | Jack

scamper

Dedicated elf
I have not even heard of them, but looking at the website you linked, It looks almost identical to the Aliexpress website. Maybe it is an offshoot, or maybe it is what china does best and is a copy o_O
You can only try I guess. But I will say, that even though Ray is busy, If you order standard items he usually sends pretty quick.

mellowcouple

Full time elf
I haven't bought pixels from dhgate but I have bought a lot of other stuff from there and they are great. Most of the stuff I have bought has arrived in under 7 days and I have had no problems with it. Not sure if that helps but I have had no problems buying from DHGate.

Derf

am now a 5v hypocrite
Okay I have messaged Paul and he has come back to me with 12ish dollars per roll + shipping cost. Not quite sure if I should do a bulk buy but dhgate goes down to $11 with free shipping. Not sure if anyone would like to do a 50+ order with dhgate to get the insanely low prices. I don't think I'll get he 7 day shipping as it states the stock is in china but I might give 30 rolls a go and see what its like.

Regards
Derf \ Jack

livetoride

Full time elf
Have you messaged ray to see his turn around time? I think you may struggle to get a group buy this time of the year

Derf

am now a 5v hypocrite
Thanks scamper for the listing. Seems like a really good bargain as Im looking between 100-200 meters as suggested by DJ to measure everything so Im not short and to have some spares.

It also has faster shipping than DHGate according to the post which will hopefully allow me to get some testing done before my controller arrives from the the bulk buy.
Regards
Derf | Jack

Bryan H

Bryan
I buy a lot of my stuff from Hello Fish.. Never missed anything and usually arrives in 3/4 weeks.... All good quality stuff like Rays, Never asked for pigtails to be fitted as I hardwire my lights and only use pigtails at the controller....

Bryan H

Bryan
Just had a look at the DH Gate, Scamper is right, it looks like a direct copy of Aliexpress setup

Derf

am now a 5v hypocrite
Just had a look at the DH Gate, Scamper is right, it looks like a direct copy of Aliexpress setup

I thought the same. I have personally never used anything other than Ebay for this sort of stuff but so far i'm just going to get the 100m of bulk for $245 delivered as again it is only a 8-16 shipping time plus its the cheapest so far. I am currently placing the order and will get back to everyone on the quality.

I think there may be quite a bit of soldering as it only looks like it has a power connector on it and no where to plug in the data but we will see in a couple weeks time on what the go is.

Regards
Derf | Jack