Hello All!!!

Gian Piero

New elf
Hello everyone, since I was a child I was always fascinated by Christmas illuminations.

Some time ago, turning the TV channels with my wife, we came across a television program showing the achievements of spectacular illuminations. The program was set in America, but I believe that all over the world there are people who dedicate themselves with passion to the realization of increasingly captivating lights, each year that passes by integrating with more and more spectacular effects and scenographies.

In the last three years, we have tried to create lights with 20metri ciscuno LED wires, making curtains ......
Today I can be happy with the illuminations that I have made, but I would like to embark every year with new effects and decorations, making the most of the ws2811 12V LEDs, which I had the pleasure to try for the first time this year, making a star with these LEDs, controlled by an arduino nano.

I hope I have not stolen too much time from those who decided to read my first post.
See you soon
Gian Piero

Gian Piero

New elf
Good evening everyone,
and thanks for the warm welcome to the forum I received.
I took a look at the guide mentioned by Cheers Boof63 and I would say that there are good indications for a neophyte like me !!! I am sure that I will take a lot of cues from this guide.

I precisely live with my family (my wife, my son and a Terranova dog) in the suburbs of Rome, Italy.

We have a small independent house and slowly, we intend to create similar lighting of great effect !!!

Do you think that the neighbors last year, when they saw what I had done with electric rods and banal strands of lights bought at discounters were stunned.

This year, however, as I explained in the first post, I tried to make a star with led pixel addressable ws2811, commanded by an arduino nano and I must say that the effect is not bad .....

This is a picture of the star I made, what do you think?

Photo 1

Photo 2

Photo 3

Photo 4

Photo 5

Video 1

Ah! I apologize in advance for my English definitely bad, unfortunately I do not write and I speak well, so I get help from my best friend google translator !!!!!

See you soon guys, and good lights to all !!
Gian Piero

Last edited: