Hello all

KG325

New elf
Hello all. From North Carolina US. Just getting into the hobby. Starting with a 25 foot Megatree, not planning to have music this year, just some effects looped to start. Everywhere I have been researching the hobby says to get the lighting 101 manual, so here I am.

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator
The 101 manual does have some good info.
There's also a few threads on here about building megatrees.
The Wiki has some helpful stuff too, the Suppliers page has links to controllers, lights and sequence vendors.

uncledan

Senior elf
Generous elf
Welcome to ACL. Starting with a 25ft Mega Tree is pretty big task for first year display. Pretty active chat room here at ACL if you have a quick question. Someone is usually lurking in there. Good luck with the display!

TerryK

Retired Elf
Welcome to ACL. Quite a few 'debatable' topics are in the Forum Archives which can be searched. The Wiki and Chat Room have been mentioned, also there are the Media and Display pages. All can help with decisions and/or ideas for any of your current or future plans. Cheers.

Last edited:

ezellner

Full time elf
Welcome! Lots of challenges but lots more enjoyment! I started in a similar way although I had more of a midi tree of pixels and the rest of the display was simply constant on LEDs that I had previously. Year 2 expanded substantially and included music. Year 3 added a few more props to complete the vision. Enjoy! Lots of assistance to be had here. Don't be afraid to ask.