Hello from Geelong, Australia

Dwight Bonney

New elf
Howdy folks!

This is my second year only of putting up lights, but the first year to attempt computer controlled light shows. I'm using a Raspberry Pi 3B+, running Falcon Pi Player to hopefully control a SanDevices E682 currently being shipped, a MeanWell 12V/29Amp power supply (LRS-350-12), and an 8 relay switch connected to the Raspberry Pi (If I don't electrocute myself).

I'm making my own matrix display as it looked like fun, from 20mm PVC pipe and working out how many pixels to order from Ray Wu now. Im planning a 1m x 1m matrix using 32x32 (1024) pixels therefore spaced 30mm apart (viewers will be approx 10-15 metres from the display). I'm not sure if this too far apart, but it will use up just about all my channels on the E682. If anyone has advice, I'm all ears. Today I purchased a bench drill and tomorrow I'll buy my PVC piping...next week I'll take a deep breath and order my pixels. If this works, then I plan to do a 3m x 1m, 96 x 32 pixel display on part of my roof, but one step at a time.

Thank you for existing! Looking forward to contributing soon.

JohnDe

New elf
Hi Dwight, I'm new as well and trying to figure it all out as well. I'm planing to use the Falcon 48 controllera to run my display and am not yet trying to do the matrix, but let me know how it goes. I'm thinking of using the P10 panels for mine but as this years is my first display, just getting the house done will be a huge ask.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Welcome to ACL.
Great to see another Victorian beginning to blink their lights. No=one previously has told you to grab the ACL101 yet so I will. Grab it and have a read if you haven't already.

Dwight Bonney

New elf
Thanks! :)

I have downloaded ACL101 (very impressed with it too), and the xLights and Falcon Player PDF manuals for some light reading this week :)

Cheers,
Dwight.