Hello from the Gold Coast

Mike D

New elf
After many years of thinking about it I have finally decided to join the madness.
I want to first apologize for all the topics I can see I will be starting on this forum.
I have finally received my control boards and after a couple of days of watching a lot
of videos and experimenting I already can see that I will be asking a lot of questions.

Mark_M

Annoying Elf
Hello @Mike D and Welcome to ACL!

As per my new member message:
Read up on the ACL 101 manual. https://auschristmaslighting.com/threads/auschristmaslighting-101-manual.1889/.

- As I saw a comment on a newbie's Facebook post:
"Hope your single, rich, and have a full liquor cabinet."
Read up, study, study, plan and repeat. Make sure you know what you're wanting before you spend money!
I would diffidently look around before buying kits, much cheaper and more suited when custom made. And it's part of the fun making your own!

---------------
Nice to know that you have received some control boards, I assume the bank balance will be drained on some pixels soon :D.
YouTube and forums is the way I've learnt, somehow I've got a display put together.

The forum's here for questions, go ahead.
Enjoy the community. :)

Mike D

New elf
Have some nodes and strips. Nowhere near enough though (I don't think there will ever be enough)

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Unless you have a massive budget to blow, most of us have built up our displays over the years. Pick a couple of props that are "must haves" or you think should be easy enough to knock over for the first year and build those. If you finish them early and time/budget allows, add something else and go from there each year.
Welcome to ACL!

Mark_M

Annoying Elf
Have some nodes and strips. Nowhere near enough though (I don't think there will ever be enough)
Don't blow it far ahead.
This hobby will be boring if you reach your max initially.

I had a roof line and two arches for my first year, it made a dramatic impact.
Start small, start simple, start at a conformable level. Start bringing smiles to faces, grow them over time.