Hello my name is chris, I'm from Ireland. And this is my five year plan

ROTCK

New elf
A quick bit of back story. So I used to live in a small housing estate, 2 blocks of 4 and 8 houses in total, in a small village of about 500 people. We always had the biggest lighting display in the village:cool:, up until 2008 when the proverbial hit the fan and construction sector (where I work) went down the swanny:eek:. So 12 years, a lot of rebuilding, a mortgage, children, marriage and a reciding hair line that just wont stopo_O. It's time to start again. So talked to the neighbours and they have given me power of attorney:thumbsup: over a blank canvas that is about 22 meters long and 8 meters high ( first 4 houses together ) and aloud to go mad. Never did RGB led before and never had music. But I'm an electrician and have a basic understanding of electronics and with the help of all the videos and guides out their on line :bookworm:I will be able to do this. Sorry about the long post but I don't know how to do thing by half.:p

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I think I remember what hair is.
Welcome to ACL.
That post isn't what I'd consider long. I reply quite often with a lot more info than that and probably have dozens of topics I've created over the years where that length post would just be a footnote :D
Anyone who understands volts, amps and knows how to use a multimeter will be way up there in knowledge compared to many that get into Chrissy lights.

ROTCK

New elf
Yes I downloaded that manual on my phone and i think it will be very useful. 20191221_170155.jpg
This is what I did for 2019 it's just one string of cool white LED icicles across the four houses. It will give an idea of the scale of the project.
20191222_205345.jpg
Just another one of when it was darker
20191222_205325.jpg
And a bit closer.
20191201_194714.jpg
And this is my own house, which I will be using as a proving ground, to make all the mistakes before I put something on the big project.
20191216_195250.jpg
And just for HoHoHos and giggles.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
+1 for antlers and nose.
My car didn't sport them for 2019 which was the 1st time in about 7 years. My antlers got broken in 2018 and haven't been replaced yet.

ROTCK

New elf
Hi, So I got my first set off addressable Led working at the weekend ( yay me ), I used a node MCU and flashed it with WLED, one of the main reasons I went in this direction is because its wifi and one less cable to be running is all the better. My question is can this system be scaled up, has any one out their done a large show and sent data by wifi only. Or is this the wrong direction to be going in. Any advice would be appreciated thanks.

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Generous elf
I used 3 wi-fi (ESPixelStick) type controllers in my 2019 display.

Only 200 or so pixels all up but they did work well once I made sure they got a good signal.

ROTCK

New elf
Anyone having an issue with new version of xlights (Ver.220.4 64bit). I don't have any settings menu tab
20200211_153535.jpg

ROTCK

New elf
Sorry i meant to add. I have uninstalled the new version and installed the last release of 2019
and settings tab in their, is their something i am doing wrong with new version.