Help Needed with CCR setup

em

New elf
Hi
I have just purchased 4 CCR and LOR1602MP3 in addition to an Instant sequence from SuperStar Lights
Deck the Halls. I have transferred the sequence to a SD card and installed it but the sequence does not play.
I have not configured the CCR prior to using them
Does anyone have any idea how to get the sequence going?
Regards

Bird

LOR user
I purchased one sequence from there also. Helped to learn when you see what someone else has done.
Anyways, when you unzipped the file from SSL there should have been a document that is very helpful to using the sequence. You need to set the Unit ID's of the sequence to your specific setup.
If you haven't done it yet, first you need to set the Unit ID's of all 5 controllers.

If you pulled the components out of the box and plugged it all in, unfortunately it is not quite that much plug-n-play.

Don't have the MP3 unit but pretty sure you still need to use the S3 software to set up a show so the MP3 can play it. I think you will need the SuperStar software to change the Unit ID's of the Cosmic Ribbon sequence.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
The LOR controllers would have all been shipped with the controller ID of 1, so now you would have to setup the controller ID for each controller for how you want them to function in your display. This then has to corrospond to the controller numbers in your sequence that you are using.

Bird

LOR user
FYI .. the demo of SuperStar is suppose to be able to change the Unit ID's in the sequence.
If you purchased the SuperStar 4CCR software then you will not have an issue at all changing the Unit ID's.
If you have additional questions come find us in chat. :)

jeromej

Newbee, and learning the hard way!!!
Hi
You should have got a booklet with the CCR's

It has a set section which you need to step through.
Otherwise they will not work.
The sequence you purchase should have also come with an information sheet
that tells you the ID for each controller you need to set.
If not use you can use the configuration option in the tools menu in the Superstar software
to review what channel ID's has been used for the sequence you have purchased.
If you get stuck let me now
I purchased 12 CC R's this year to build a tree and l have made lots of mistakes tyring to get them working.
But l have also learnt alot from the experience.

em

New elf
Thanks to all
I will try again tonght and let you know how it goes

em

New elf
Thanks to all
Finally got it set up and works well. A lot more complicated than I thought.
To JeromeJ
I am going to set up a 12 CCR tree on the W/E using a windsurfer mast for height and a piece of angle iron for the base.As you have set one up already any advice?

Bird

LOR user
I personally have not made a tree.
Only advise or warning I have is CCR's are delicate. Try not to twist or over bend them or you will be making solder repairs.

jeromej

Hi em

The first thing to do is to work out if the controllers are going to be at the top or the bottom of the tree.
I know that Brian put his at the top, but for easy access l have put them at the bottom, saved on wire and made the tree more stable due to the height.

Where the controllers are located also affects the sequence that you use.
If you have purchase some of the superstar sequences you should have received two file for each song.
One for controllers at the top and the other for the bottom.

Once you have made this decision the next thing l recommend is to number every thing.
As there are some many ribbons and controllers, thing can get very messy very quickly and before you know it you don't know your '"A'" from your "T"
I labled each controller with a sticky label stating what number ribbon it was for e.g 1 of 12 and the channel it was connected to.
This will make it very easy for sorting out any problem with individual controllers. I learnt the hard way.
As so much data is moved across the network. It is recommended to you run two networks to controll the tree.
Ribbons 1-6 on network 1 and 7-12 on network 2.
If you are using other controllers, also run these on separate network. As they will cause lag when the sequence is run.
I am running four networks to make it run smoothly. 2 for the tree and 2 for other LOR controllers.

The ribbons are a electrical circurt boards, so the don't like to be bent.
I'm not sure how you are planning to hang them or what you are going to make your tree from, but l made a frame from 20*20 aluminum box tube and zipped tied the ribbons to the frame.
One thing to note tho, only zip tie at the start or end of a pixel group. That is were you can cut the ribbon. This the best place and you are less likely to crush anything with the zip tie.

As there are some many controllers and transformers, you need to have some good water proof housing to keep them in. I group mine in pairs. So l ended up with 6 boxes and one for all the power to run to. I have attached a picture. The boxes are from Masters Hardware. $10 each and totally water proof. Tho any water tight container will do the trick.

You need to join each controller with data cable. As there are some many l purchase mine off the net at
www.4cabling.com.au/Ethernet-Cable-Sale The price was good and they delivered quickly. Also it was one less hassle than having to make them and one less failure point to have to worry about.
Last thing is, try not to rush things, plan everything first, draw it on paper. It is easier to redraw than rebuild and don't under estimate the time required to get it all working.
As yes it is all worth it in the end.
I have just fired mine up tonight and it looks brillant!

If you get stuck let me know l happy to help out if l can.

Cheers
:)

em

New elf
Hi jeremyj
Thanks for you last post. I found it very helpful.Would you be able to take a photo of the frame or the tree during the day

Regards
em

jeromej

Hi

Hopefully the picture will be of some help
The spacing between the ribbons is 300mm
and the total height of the tree is 6 mtrs including the star.

The frame is made out of 20*20mm square box tubing

I sketched it all up on paper before l built any thing to make sure l got the angles correct.

Cheers

Attachments

• PC040089d.gif
    PC040089d.gif
    260.6 KB · Views: 103

em

New elf
Hi Jeromej
Been away for a few days
This looks pretty amazing.Would love to see it in action.
Got the waterproof boxes and cables as suggested
I dont think I will have the 12 ccr tree up by Christmas
I have got the 4 ccr going using a showtime mp3 controller Not perfect
but the again not to bad
I have found out that the showtime mp3 controller wont run 12 ccr
You should have an awesome response over christmas
Cheers

jeromej

Sorry to hear that you want have it up for Christmas.
But next year will be excellent. You will have plenty of time to plan.

Been outside alot over the past week trying to get everything work OK.

All done now. And wow!!! look great.
The kids love it.
All l have to do now is post it up on the site.
Not quite sure how you get the link up onto the page.

Just another challenge to work out

Cheers

paultoole

New elf
jeromej said:
Hi

Hopefully the picture will be of some help
The spacing between the ribbons is 300mm
and the total height of the tree is 6 mtrs including the star.

The frame is made out of 20*20mm square box tubing

I sketched it all up on paper before l built any thing to make sure l got the angles correct.

Cheers

I wonder if you have a diagram to help me build this frame?