Hi All, newbie to the site

John N

New elf
Hi All - newbie to the site, our family (Wife and children) have been building small light displays for the past 8 years, and slowly expanding on these each year. We have looked at progressing to controllers but always ran out of time. So hoping to get a start

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator
Hi John Welcome to ACL
You've probably left it a bit late for this year, but checkout the ACL 101 Manual and Keith's video (brief and missing some info, but a handy starter) and you might be able to get a sequenced show happening :D

John N

New elf
Thanks OzAz.

Been reading the 101 and all the information I’ve been able absorb. Its been a while since picking up tools and I’m hoping to receive some guidance on getting started and if any kits would be available for DMX or alternatively controllers, power, software etc in Australia. Hoping to make the most of my existing lights.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Welcome John
Coincidentally I just replied to an email from a John N. ;)

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Welcome to ACL John!
You still have a little time left to get some type of controlled/animated display happening this year, but if you are looking to get into pixels, it my be a bit too late.
Either way, plenty of info on the forums, or jump into chat as there is always someone around, especially this time of year!