Hi from Mackay, QLD

Adam007

Adam007
Hi everyone, the name is Adam. Been keen on animated Christmas lighting for awhile now, I followed Driver's progress from the start, but until this year have not had my own place to put any lights up at.

I have left it too late this year for computer controlled, but will be setting up a static display.

Have purchased 2,000 of the Big W LED's - I made my choice so that I could cut them up for next year 8)

At this stage the plan is to go with a DMX setup, using LSP. Will see what exactly the years brings though.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Welcome to ACL Adam.
It may be too late to get animated for a December 1 switch on but you could get going with an animated display by Tuesday the 4th if you really had to. Both David_AVD and myself have dmx DC dimmer boards that could be on you doorstep on Tuesday. David also has usb-dmx dongles and Meanwell power supplies to run things as well.
As far as using LSP it's a pretty in depth program and it really is the best choice for pixel based displays but if you are just planning on using led strings then Vixen or LOR would serve you well.

Bird

LOR user
Welcome.gif

to ACL Adam

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL, you will find all you need to know in the forums and the ACL 101 lighting manual, and then there is the chat room, so dont hesitate to ask any questions