Hi to you all

Mm

Silent elf
Hi Everybody,
I've been setting up lights at my house for some years and decided this year would be the last time the display would be boring. I hope to be able to speak with people who offer some advice and helpful tips.
Talk soon,
Matt

kel

Dedicated elf
welcome27.gif

Mm

Silent elf
I just need to work out where to start. All my lights currently are just out of the box ones. Any direction from anybody would be welcomed.
MM

Bird

LOR user
Welcome.gif

to ACL Matt

Any lights are not boring. Your neighbors that don't put out lights are the boring ones. :)

Do you have a photo of your current display?
What kind/type of lights do you currently have? Many times all you need to do is make them dance to the music and your static display is suddenly the hit of the town. Kids like static displays, they love animated displays.

Mm

Silent elf
I guess you are right. I'm the only one in my street getting in to the idea of Christmas. I have a few video's of them. Will upload to youtube and post the link.

2FREEQ

welcome mate. im in the same situation, this is last year of having a static display and im going animated lights next year. you will find plenty of advice on here.

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
Mm said:

Most people here are using DC LOR controllers or DC DMX controllers with low voltage strings / strips as well as pixel controllers with intelligent strings / strips.

The 240V stuff is not used as much any more. Mostly for older rope lights and motifs that are/were available only as 240V versions.

Mm

Silent elf
I understand the change in lights and will see what I can do here. Need to do a little more research.

Beacy

It's so much better on the dark side
Matt

Before you commit to anything consider your bang for buck per channel LOR = Very Expensive cost per channel - David sells great boards that are far better priced than LOR and you have local support and are set up for RBG lights which are also far better bang for your buck as you get all the colours you want in one string of lights.

Have a read of the manual there are plenty of us here to help

Mm

Silent elf
Reading the manual now. Full of good info and I hope leads me in the right direction.