Holiday Coro and LOR

Fleagle

New elf
Well I got my lights from Holidaycoro and very pleased with them, everything is working fine until I try to use them with my LOR. this is due to communications problems, LOR being non standard Cat 5 cables.

Is there any reason that I can not take and make a cable that moves the data signal from what LOR uses to what is standard orange, orange/white. deleting all other pairs, so that their is no cross talk or fead back.

Has anyone tried this and will it work?

this has also been posted to Planet Christmas.

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
Don't forget that you can't drive DMX controllers with a native LOR data stream. To use DMX controllers in LOR, you need S3 Advanced and you need to set it up for DMX mode.

dmoore

Senior elf
Feel free to call us at (731) 432-6761 and I'll be happy to walk through all your options as there are many and they depend on our display direction.

ponddude

Apprentice elf
Donny M. Carter said:
You can also use S2 with an ELOR and have 1 universe for around $100!

Also, use the ELOR with RPM's E1.31 Bridge. You get about 4 DMX networks for under $200 bucks AND it is basically plug 'n play. No need to worry about configurations within the ethernet network if you just want basic control. I am running 2 of these setups for our Rainbow Pixel testing...working like a charm!

Greg