Housing boxes for electrics

Dreamin

Full time elf
Hi everyone,

I got my system second hand and I’m trying to rewire elements to suit my house and these boxes are just too small for me. I have 3 of them and need to make another one.

9E43A7A4-B33E-421A-99BA-A45C8CD15C1F.jpeg

I would prefer to have power come into the box via extension cord so no outside power sockets, have enough space to put a vent in for the PSU and space for board and wires. Would need to be 100% waterproof.

Looked in Bunnings and they had a box that might be ok but thought I would ask as I don’t want to risk a potential issues later on.

TIA

Last edited:

LawrenceDriveLights

Senior elf
I have previously used those Excalibur boxes when we had a static display and they seemed ok for power boards etc.

There is some alternative enclosure designs shown in this forum thread which may give you some other ideas (some are waterproof enclosures and located outside and some located inside garages etc and not required to be waterproof)

The DSE Hi-Box are also becoming popular for outdoor enclosures

Dreamin

Full time elf
Thanks mate. I did search, but it picks up every key word so I didn't find that thread or anything useful.

I'll check them out but might just use the excalibur units for now seeing as I'm stuck at home. Will save me going outside. :)