How I build my boxes

ShellNZ

Senior elf
Holy crap, that box is amazing gnarm!!! Luv the outer sockets.

I am like Alan, I have about 27 controller boxes scattered all over property now.

IMG_2380_zpsd582b3f5.jpg

scamper

Dedicated elf
Hey Shell, I take it from the pvc elbows, that these all just sit on the ground. Is that right?
I am always trying to work out where to put my box's as I don't trust the weather, I have seen flooding in December before here.

logandc99

Dedicated elf
One thing to keep in mind when people recommend their various box builds is make sure it will work for your climate. Some people get hot dry weather for Christmas, others snow and, in my case, cool temps, plenty of rain and strong winds. So what might work for some might not be ideal for others. Just make sure that you don't go too cheap on the enclosure and end up blowing a lot more money on ruined controllers.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I have flywire on most external venty type stuff and the bullnose cable entries that I use for slipping dmx cables in and out of I hit with a dose of surface spray at the start of the season. I don't know if that's the only reason but I've never had an insect in a box.

ChristmasInKaralee

Senior elf
Check out http://aecelectrical.com.au/ I have biught from them a couple of times. They have an ebay store but also a warehouse located in South Windsor NSW. I paid less when I went to the warehouse, they were very helpful and had hundreds of different sizes and styles in stock.

Geoff