How to get Video Playback in xLights

smeighan

Dedicated elf
Gilrock said:
Ok so I probably didn't alter my path...Sean did it for me. :)

I checked the inno setup code (The code that builds the install files), modifying the windows path has been part of install for last two years as I expected.

Here is the pertinent part of the inno setup file:

[Registry]
; set PATH. if it is already there dont add path to our installation. we are doing this so user can run ffmpeg from a cmd prompt
Root: HKLM; Subkey: "SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment"; ValueType: expandsz; ValueName: "Path"; ValueData: "{olddata};{pf}\xLights"; Check: NeedsAddPath ('C:\Program Files (x86)\xLights')

Code:
function NeedsAddPath(Param: string): boolean;
var
  OrigPath: string;
begin
  if not RegQueryStringValue(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE,'SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment', 'Path', OrigPath)
  then begin
    Result := True;
    exit;
  end;
  // look for the path with leading and trailing semicolon
  // Pos() returns 0 if not found
  Result := Pos(';' + UpperCase(Param) + ';', ';' + UpperCase(OrigPath) + ';') = 0; 
  if Result = True then
     Result := Pos(';' + UpperCase(Param) + '\;', ';' + UpperCase(OrigPath) + ';') = 0;
end;

BradsXmasLights

WiFi Interactive
Gilrock said:
Anyways I've been just starting to use this quite a bit testing my new P10 panel so now I can see a benefit to allowing the user to enter custom frame rate when creating sequences. The only thing I'm not sure about it whether there are any limitations on playback using the Pi or BBB. Do they support any playback rate?

FPP supports 100 / 50 / 25ms timing.

I went with 25ms (40fps) and it was nothing short of amazing and I pushed it as hard as I could... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXsEylf4COs ...which was only video recorded at 25fps too

Jeffk13057

New elf
Hi, guys. I was looking to an answer to a question about this and I stumbled onto this thread.
I am getting an error message in the Windows Power Shell when I try to convert a video file. The message reads, "ffmpeg: the term ffmpeg is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name and if a path was included, verify the path and try again.
Any thoughts? I think maybe it's related to the path?
Thanks in advance,
Jeff K

LIGHTSONFIFTH

New elf
so you don't have to type in ffmpeg anymore? I have been playing with this today in hopes that I can incorporate video into my show for next year.