I need Serious help!!

Opcay

New elf
I don't see why you would need to buy a 5v power supply, if your pixels are 12v, then use a 12v power supply. The quinLED controller I linked works at 12v as well as 5v
he stated can't get the quinled this year and only has esp8266.
So get a 5v power supply with esp8266 and ill be able to power 500pluss pixels??
Don't power the pixels through the controller. Power the controller with a micro USB if you need to. Then the pixels from the power supply you have. The data to the data line of the led need to be close to the controller, like less than 20cm or you will most probably need a logic level shifter to convert the data to 5v logic.

I have one esp8266 sending data to 720 leds without data issues. I used two esp8266 to control a 16 strand led strip tree and it works without any issue .

fugley

Apprentice elf
only thing sold out on the QuinLED International Store are the data boosters

I wouldn't recommend it although I've run 1200 per port "not totally happily … remand lag / data lose"
but still do run one model with 900 on the port because I'm to lazy to get around to rewiring it ... running with a network cable and not real noticeable lag

Orlando1220

New elf

I wouldn't recommend it although I've run 1200 per port "not totally happily … remand lag / data lose"

but still do run one model with 900 on the port because I'm to lazy to get around to rewiring it ... running with a network cable and not real noticeable lag

Orlando1220

New elf
Okay can you explain the network cable, like how does it work or what videos do you recommend on me watching that explains the network cable because I don't under stand that

fugley

Apprentice elf
could be said the quinLED make it a little painful on all but the Dig-Octa ... if NOT going for the Dig-Octa you'll need to pick from Wi-Fi or Wi-Fi with an external aerial or standard Ethernet cable

videos that will help ---> DrZzs or QuinLED

108CAM

Proud to have the largest display on my street!
So I'm just triyng to get my lining of my house for now, so literally I need to know what I need haha, I have 500 pixels I have a 12v power supply I just fried a esp8266 contoller lol. So please help me what do I need to get, by the way the pixels I have are 12v
Even though I have zero experience with controllers of any kind, my knowledge in electronics and the info in this thread tells me that you likely got the input and output voltages confused.

Orlando1220

New elf
So I connected a esp8266 to a converter step down because I have 12volt pixels and I have a 12 volt power supply. I flashed it and all, connected it to my wifi so then I also connected eeverything the correct way how dr.zz showed, and only 30 out of the 50 pixels lit up??? Also when I was paliyng with the colors they were corresponding to the wrong color. I would change it to blue and it would light up red, I would put purple and it would go green and so on. Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong???

Notenoughlights

400,000+ twinkly lights
So I connected a esp8266 to a converter step down because I have 12volt pixels and I have a 12 volt power supply. I flashed it and all, connected it to my wifi so then I also connected eeverything the correct way how dr.zz showed, and only 30 out of the 50 pixels lit up??? Also when I was paliyng with the colors they were corresponding to the wrong color. I would change it to blue and it would light up red, I would put purple and it would go green and so on. Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong???
What you have not done, is gone into the settings for WLED.
Click / tap the "Config" button at the top, then LED preferences, and scroll down till you see something that looks like this image under "Hardware setup"
View: https://i.imgur.com/YK5axQ4.png

You want to leave option 1 alone if it is set to ws281x and you are using ws2811, ws2812b, ws2815 etc pixels
Colour order, you may need to play around with this to get it correct (i.e to get red to show red, green to show green)
Length: Set that to what ever you have connected to the controller, if you have 50 pixels, set it to 50.
Leave the GPIO alone if it is working correctly.

fugley

Apprentice elf
as pointed out above you need to go to LED config ... what you've stated is the default setup "30 LEDs set to GRB color"