INK1003 30LED/mtr, 30Pixel/mtr, @ 12V

arw01

Full time elf
He was still playing with them. Ray indicated they should work with any clock over 400 to around 1200 and should be working just fine.

Jim was going to see what settings he could tweak to fix your issue he was seeing.

Alan

tucsonlights

New elf
arw01 said:
He was still playing with them. Ray indicated they should work with any clock over 400 to around 1200 and should be working just fine.

Jim was going to see what settings he could tweak to fix your issue he was seeing.

Alan
Thanks,
I hope he can get them to work on the e682 I am already invested in about 350 with ink1003 pixels.

arw01

Full time elf
boy those look bright! Ray confirmed in chat last night that the solder on converters are $1.50 each and good for 30 pixels (hence the 1m you found) and .5m on the 60 pixel strips.

For my use at 3m a strip I am golden. Just have to pony up the money soon.

Alan

AussieDoug

Full time elf
I think it would be easier just to get Ray to do the hard yards if smaller lengths are needed. Let him know what length to cut & intall the converters where required.

arw01

Full time elf
I was thinking of tellling him for the mini mega to get me 12-16 3 meter lengths. My pocket book is telling me 12, my told you so later is telling me 16 and just be done.

I need to go measure the tree length again!

Alan

AussieDoug

Full time elf
These lights are super bright, they can't be faulted so far by me.

I hit him up to see if he could make individually controlled 12v pixels that aren't like the INK1003s. All I got was a "I will see what I can do"

Kaden

Pixels! I need more pixels!
Just a thought, if you are using this strip with 12v input, does that mean the strip can tolerant more voltage drop than other 12v strip (like WS2811)?

If regulator is dropping to 5v, is it happy to take 12v at the beginning of the strip as well as (say) 7v at the end of 10 metres (2 strips) and regulating it to the same 5v?

The reason I ask, does this mean this strip can run longer without power injection?

If so, does anyone know how long you can run this strip before injection is required?

AussieDoug

Full time elf
I ran 3 of these with power supply at one end only. all the lights still looked the same colour. I never tested for voltage drop. I will try do it tonight & report back later.

Kaden

Pixels! I need more pixels!
AussieDoug said:
I ran 3 of these with power supply at one end only. all the lights still looked the same colour. I never tested for lotage drop. I will try do it tonight & report back later.

Awesome, your thread has made me think about these more and now I am thinking I should use them in this project.

Could you test both the 12v and 5v lines at the end of each strip (as well as at the PSU for reference) with all the pixels on 100% white?