Installing a Kulp on an existing 16 strip array. Can I create a matrix?

I just got this response from Daniel Kulp regarding the problem. I will try this adjustment this morning:

"Most likely in xLights, you set it up as a smart receiver, but the receiver is either not a smart receiver or it’s running in “standard” mode instead of smart mode.

In the ‘Controller Connection’ section for the prop on the Layout tab, make sure the “Use Smart Remote” is unchecked."

Hmm, I did not suggest that because I thought you were using local ports on the k16, not receivers at all.
Okay...I don't know what a receiver is and I assumed Mr. Kulp knew what I was using but I unchecked "Use Smart Remote" and I'll try that today.

As far as I know I'm just using a Falcon controller board and a computer via wifi.

Falcon controller board
Be careful conflating the KulpLights board that sits on top of a BeagleBone which Falcon Player software, with a Falcon Controller board built by PixelController (www.pixelcontroller.com).
They are two very different and distinct items.

David Pitts who makes the PixelController Falcon boards was one of the original developers of the FalconPlayer software; hence why they are named after his town, Falcon, Colorado.

Interesting to hear about the history stuff. There are a lot of layers to this hobby.

Anyway, I tried unchecking "Use Smart Remote" but no difference.

I will look Google up "smart receivers" and see if it pertains.

Alternatively is it possible to delay the timing on ports 3 thru 14? That way I could at least fix the offset.

Attachments

• PXL_20240724_005355612.jpg
    PXL_20240724_005355612.jpg
    521.6 KB · Views: 4
Interesting to hear about the history stuff. There are a lot of layers to this hobby.

Anyway, I tried unchecking "Use Smart Remote" but no difference.

I will look Google up "smart receivers" and see if it pertains.

Did you re-upload the configuration from xLights after unselecting that?

Alternatively, go to the outputs page in FPP, the K16 tab, and just re-save. That should reset the configuration for the smart receivers from the FPP side.

Okay...that's fantastic. It worked like a charm. Thanks so much! I'm in business!

Back