Interactive Displays

Discussion in 'The Development Lab' started by Superman, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Superman

Superman I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious Global Moderator

Find Me On:
    I love the idea of triggering a Sequence in a stand alone part of the display. I would like to see a triggered mp3/DMX Player/Recorder. I have used this feature with LOR equipment and I would still use it but my LOR controllers are 240v and I'm pretty much trying to go full DC,RGB and pixels now.

2. fasteddy

fasteddy I have C.L.A.P Global Moderator Generous Elf

Find Me On:
    I would love to see if its possible to create an input trigger board with a few inputs that can be placed anywhere within a display.
    But for that there looks like there would have to be some hardware design, software and communication refinements for it to work. Could it be done?

3. David_AVD

David_AVD Good news, everyone!

I have the DMX record / playback hardware already built. Just need to finish the firmware for it. It has a trigger input (to start playback) and output (while playback is active).

Would you want the mp3 player to be integrated? I thought maybe separate so you can use it with or without the DMX part.

4. AAH

AAH I love blinky lights :) Community Project Designer

Find Me On:
    Your 240V LOR controllers can be made to run 24VAC or similar sort of low voltage AC easily on 8 of the 16 channels with no effort at all. With a little bit of pcb modification you can change the whole 16 channels to 24VAC and run the controller off its 240VAC supply. If you wanted to go standalone then a lappy or a 2nd pc could easily run your interactive display while the rest is running off your LSP sequences.