Interactive Displays

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
I love the idea of triggering a Sequence in a stand alone part of the display. I would like to see a triggered mp3/DMX Player/Recorder. I have used this feature with LOR equipment and I would still use it but my LOR controllers are 240v and I'm pretty much trying to go full DC,RGB and pixels now.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
I would love to see if its possible to create an input trigger board with a few inputs that can be placed anywhere within a display.
But for that there looks like there would have to be some hardware design, software and communication refinements for it to work. Could it be done?

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
I have the DMX record / playback hardware already built. Just need to finish the firmware for it. It has a trigger input (to start playback) and output (while playback is active).

Would you want the mp3 player to be integrated? I thought maybe separate so you can use it with or without the DMX part.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Your 240V LOR controllers can be made to run 24VAC or similar sort of low voltage AC easily on 8 of the 16 channels with no effort at all. With a little bit of pcb modification you can change the whole 16 channels to 24VAC and run the controller off its 240VAC supply. If you wanted to go standalone then a lappy or a 2nd pc could easily run your interactive display while the rest is running off your LSP sequences.