Just for Ryan - "World's Best" Christmas Lights (messages on hold)

Kaden

Pixels! I need more pixels!
Slite said:
Kaden said:
Bird said:
That's different. Trees inside the tree. I like it.

If someone hasn't already named it, I deem it treeception.

Treecepticons is even better!!!! :)

I will allow it but I prefer the tree/dream within a tree/dream, plus I really like Dicaprio as a actor ever since "Catch me if you can".

Blickensderfer

Ohio, USA
Wayne James over at DIYC has had the triple trees for a few years now.. He has the daul directional spiral tress in his arrangement. He's still using incans but 4 color.
Dan

Kaden

Pixels! I need more pixels!
Driver said:
This guy was just on Sunrise saying he had to shut the display down due to safety concerns / too many people.

Yeah, I am going to say that was just for the free advertising he gets for his company, I am pretty confident FE would get more traffic (foot and cars) and he can do it without going on TV to say he had to shutdown his display.

Beacy

It's so much better on the dark side
This guy is so full of his own importance he knows how to use the media to his advantage one year he shut it down 2 or 3 days before Christmas with some BS excuse - just to get his mug on TV - Google his past you'll see what I mean.
"Worlds Greatest Christmas Lights" pfft -my ass - can't even have a pixel tree.

It is unfortunate that people like this will use Christmas and lights displays and charity for their own greedy promotional benefit - but alas Karma will bite him in the ass one day.

Christmas on Clarafield

Full time elf
I hate the way he does all his videos making this hobby out to be so complex and difficult that only he can do this. If I could afford to take a week or so off work and hire 5 or 6 people to help me with my setup my show would be twice the show I currently have. In reality a lot of us here on this forum go quietly about putting together much better shows.

PS. Is anyone else so over that damn Gangnam Style song that I'd rather not watch any show using it?

kane

Dedicated elf
penguineer said:
This guy has been all over Aus online media for about a week with the Gangnam video - surprised nobody noticed.....
I think a lot of people noticed, but didn't want to give him any more publicity! What I'm fascinated about though is that above all other people doing this hobby (including many also doing the same song), he's been getting airtime all over the world - ITN in the UK, NBC in the US and heaps of other spots around the world.

He's managed to get that Messages on Hold logo on the screens of 500,000+ people for several minutes..

indudio said:
His setup is dodgy to. He mainly uses 240volt lor controllers and has wired up some extra 68 powerpoints which he plugs the actually 240volt transformers to low voltage for each light. He adds small lights to help increase the load in the control boxes so the channels work properly.

He has some good elements, but the programming leaves a lot to be desired. More so it's the attitude and calling it "worlds best Christmas lights" that annoys me. The best displays are done by people who are humble and don't seek to big note themselves.
His setup would certainly be a lot cleaner if he moved to DC controllers..

And yes, I also take issue with him calling his lights the worlds best (hence the quotes around it in the title!!)

Dave

Full time elf
This is what this man does ADVERTISE and that is it. Its not about christmas or the kids or charity, its about plugging his buisness and he is good at it.

Nothing more to say.