Keith's lights - Kellyville NSW

marmalade

cats & pixels
Looks fantastic Keith, megatree is huge!

Nice animations and layering too! Are you using animated gifs/pngs? Xlights seems to be a bit hit & miss on this function (must be an inconsistent format type thing)

Fing

Full time elf
Generous elf
great work.....so with programming, building, helping people out, when do you sleep?

Cheers
Fing

keithsw1111

Senior elf
I don't sleep much. The tree is not my work. It is holiday sequences. The rest is mine. Only 3 pictures outside the tree. The tree uses over 300 pictures. None of the pictures are animated.

marmalade

cats & pixels
still looks really cool Keith! :)

So,since you are a big xl contributor... what's the difference between using an animated gif as opposed to a bunch of pictures? I would think an animated gif/png would be far easier to use/reuse in a sequence...

keithsw1111

Senior elf
Not my choice. That part of the sequence I purchased. I write code ok (although dan and Gil may disagree) but my sequencing skills are pretty average.

logandc99

Dedicated elf
That's a big display. Nice. Those giant arches appeared as quite a surprise. What's the thing on the roof? - looks like a giant present bow - looks great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

keithsw1111

Senior elf
It is a giant present bow. Low tech. Rope lights and some white fairy lights. Had it 7 or 8 years now. We are known locally as the "bow" house. It runs east/west and north/south looking like a wrapped present.

logandc99

Dedicated elf
keithsw1111 said:
It is a giant present bow. Low tech. Rope lights and some white fairy lights. Had it 7 or 8 years now. We are known locally as the "bow" house. It runs east/west and north/south looking like a wrapped present.

Nothing wrong with low tech - looks really good and very unique.

Uzza

New elf
Hey Keith, that is awesome mate, is this setup running your arduinos with the e1.61 firmware?

keithsw1111

Senior elf
Some is. Some isn't. The tree on the right and all the arches and fence lines are. The house and large tree all run on a Bbb with fpp in bridge mode and a 48 output cape. One f4v2 runs faces and minitrees.