Kulp controller K4-PB

chris19681986

Apprentice elf
Ok. So a week ago I purchased a falcon controller. Said 3-7 business days. Ive asked 3 times for a tracking number and you cant even get an answer. So Tuesday I ordered a kulp controller and received it Thursday evening. Today I went through the setup. Copied and burned fpp onto the sd card. Then after a few attempts of just connecting it to my laptop and getting no where, Went and picked up a wireless asus adapter USB AC53 Nano Adapter. Proceeded to put the adapter in the usb port. connected power. Came on, went through the start up cycle says fpp booting and now it shows: Host: FPP
wlan0: 192.***.*.*
Player: idle

I connected my lights to one output and tried the test button, on each color but none of them even came on, not even a flash. Card set to 5volts. power,data,negative hooked up. nothing. Any ideas why I cant even test them if everything is hooked up? Even tried different wire and tried a second output. NOTHING. do I need to get on the fpp site and go through the whole setup before anything will work? Thanks to anybody who has any suggestions.

Katekate

Senior elf
what happens when you run test from the fpp page?

and make sure you have the right end of your pixels connected.

Jarrad33

150k of Pixels for 2023
I bought a kulp controller the other day and started playing with it today. I found FPPD had to be running before any lights would come on when you press the test button. Yours is in idle

Like I said, I only set it up today, so i could be wrong but thats what I found

Last edited:

chris19681986

Apprentice elf
what happens when you run test from the fpp page?

and make sure you have the right end of your pixels connected.
I've only tried running test from the board. Yes the arrows point away from controller. That's my test wall

Attachments

• 16101943715737039828702977269695.jpg
    16101943715737039828702977269695.jpg
    509 KB · Views: 6

Old Salt

Apprentice elf
I was going to wait for my PSU to arrive, but I'll dig out a 5V wallwart and get this going today.

K4-PB.gif

I ordered it with FPP pre-installed directly from Dan, so I won't need to start with its installation.

tooms

12v4life
I connected my lights to one output and tried the test button, on each color but none of them even came on
You have to be able to configure the ports before the test button will work, I believe the board by default doesn't know how many pixels are connected to each output. I'd suggest just use an ethernet cable to connect to the device, connect it directly to your home network and then you should be able to open a browser on a computer and access http://fpp/

chris19681986

Apprentice elf
You have to be able to configure the ports before the test button will work, I believe the board by default doesn't know how many pixels are connected to each output. I'd suggest just use an ethernet cable to connect to the device, connect it directly to your home network and then you should be able to open a browser on a computer and access http://fpp/
There isnt a ethernet port on the kulp controller. I'll have to go to best buy and get a USB cable and try it that way. Thank you.
ALSO..... right now I have a hitron technologies cable modem supplied by our local cable company. 4 ethernet ports and a USB port. Will I be able to run my display off this or do I need to get a switch or something else.?

chris19681986

Apprentice elf
I was going to wait for my PSU to arrive, but I'll dig out a 5V wallwart and get this going today.

View attachment 16422

I ordered it with FPP pre-installed directly from Dan, so I won't need to start with its installation.
I had no problem burning an ad card and all that. Maybe my cable modem isnt allowing me in. Do I need a switch or separate router to run this or can I be on the same network as my cable modem that has our internet and cable tv? It's a Hitron Technologies can cable modem

chris19681986

Apprentice elf
what happens when you run the test from the FPP interface?
From the board? Nothing. Until I get to best buy and get a usb cable to connect directly from card to cable modem I cant do much. Card didn't come with a ethernet port

Old Salt

Apprentice elf
As long as I keep the load under the capacity of the wallwart I'll be fine. As an example 2 pixels per string would be OK on a 2 Amp 5V wallwart.

Old Salt

Apprentice elf
The courier reports that mine was delivered last night. It's not at my door. There are no footsteps in the snow indicating that it was delivered here. I suspect that it went to the wrong address.