ԆцряєсϮ

Senior elf
Same here, for my sequencing machine I have an I7 8G ram, win7 64bit
and for my show laptop I have an I5 4G Ram Win7 64bit
Both do the job fine.

bluzervic

65,768 Channels, 185 Universes
I would get more than 8 gig Dram. But that is me :p

When I was testing LSP earlier this year, LSP would hang my PC with 8 gig.
I thought importing LOR sequences was the problem, but it turned out not to be the case. LSP hung regardless after slowly using up all the free memory.

-Blu

nzlongfellow

Dennis from NZ
Thanks for the replies. What my problem is is not having a dedicated show/sequencing LapTop. Will strip down to bear programs and see if it runs faster. Been comparing effects generation against Videos doing same thing and mine is sloooooooow. Cheers

darylc

404 darylc not found
Is it safe to assume that RAM and CPU requirements increase with channel numbers? I'm looking at ~27k channels this year

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
It may be worth doing a complete uninstall, re-download and then a reinstall of LSP as this has helped some in the past, who knows you may have a corrupted file, worth a shot.

nzlongfellow

Dennis from NZ
Thanks Eddie. Will try when I have decent internet... in a motel in the whap-whaps. Still believe there are Licence issues with LSP. Nothing heard about show license yet. Cheers

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
There is a new version of LSP with an updated license server, so I would suspect you will need a new license if you install this version

sck1ng

Apprentice elf
I just ordered one of these:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8950711

I bought LSP last year and could not get it running properly.. May switch to Vixen3 for this season if they can get some sort of export working so I can put it in my FPP.. I run a Mac so I needed a windows machine because I hate using Parallels or BootCamp.. So will set this machine up and just use Remote Desktop on it from my Mac..

firebug

Senior elf
Bugger. I have not long bought a 4GB ram 64bit Win8 laptop as a dedicated sequencer/show unit. Should I organise to have more ram installed? Or will I get by with this? It has no other duties other that ACL chat... :D

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
RAM is your friend with LSP Firebug. otherwise you will spend a lot of time watching the spinning orb with "not responding"
It will all happen eventually just not quickly

dale82

Senior elf
I have 32GB of RAM on the new computer which is up from Last Years 8Gb Ram on the old Laptop, I have seen a massive improvement, But Last year I used a WIN 7 64bit 8Gb Ram laptop without any issues at all.

logandc99

Dedicated elf
I went back to my old 2010 iMac with 8 gb ram. Im using boot camp. I found getting rid of all the fancy windows visual things like aero etc. makes a big difference. Makes your PC look like windows 95 but helps with performance.