LOR 3.10.12 not talking to ECG-P2

jamesssydney

New elf
Evening all.

I'm trying to get a 120 pixel strip to work using LOR and an ECG-P2. I'm running LOR 3.10.12. I can get the strip working using DA-e131. I've connected the P2 via ethernet cable to the LOR USB485 adaptor, then to my PC. I've configured as follows.

[attachimg=1]

The ports also seem to be open. Should the two leds above the ethernet cable on the P2 blink, be steady or off?
there currently off.

[attachimg=2]

I also ensure control lights under the play tab is selected. This give me the blue square in the bottom hand corner.

Below is an example of my channel config

[attachimg=3]

Not if I'm missing anything but any help would be much appreciated

Kind regards

JS

bbayjohn

Senior elf
After you updated lor to version 3.10.12.
Did you connect a lor board and run the hardware program.
The com port for this needs to be configured.
Make sure the lor rj45 connection works and is in firmly.

Charl Marais

For my twins was the excuse I started with.
I might be missing something here but I am running my E131 directly from the network port and not the LOR USB485 connectors. These do not put out E131 as far as I am aware but only the LOR control signals.

ShellNZ

Senior elf
Yes, Charl is right. You need to run the P2 directly from network port, or if you have a few E1.31 devices then you will need a switch. The adaptors are for LOR or DMX board protocols. You have the correct setting in the configuration you just need to put the ethernet straight into network port and not dongle.

bbayjohn

Senior elf
I found my p12 wouldn't work after the update until I ran the hardware program. The lor dongle needs to be reset even if not being used.the coms port listing would come up with an error if not plugged in. I use a isn lan dongle to run the131. To a network switch when running more than 1my e131 device. I still need to have the lor dongle plugged in even when not in use. Although my show does still run some native lor boards as well.

Charl Marais

I used the hardware utility with a dongle installed and then just set the utility to no dongle (none).
That removed the need for a hardware dongle and I can output E1.31 from my test machine without the LOR dongle requirement.
Found that tip somewhere on the LOR forums but cannot remember where.

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
The commslistener part of LOR is used for USB and E1.31 protocols. It's won't run properly if there is no FTDI driver installed for the USB dongle.

There's no need to have the USB dongle connected, but the driver does need to be present. I would have thought LOR would have fixed this by now.

I've not seen the issue myself as the FTDI driver has always been installed on my machines beforehand. It's a common driver that is installed with the virtual serial port of other USB hardware.

jamesssydney

New elf
Thanks for the tips, I have the strip up and running.

The only problem I have now there seems to be lag on the strip. The effects are jumpy and delayed and not smooth at all.

Set is as follows

[attachimg=1]

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
The speed should be a fixed 3200 for 2811 if I have read the spec right. That's what I use and had no problems.

Charl Marais

I had a problem with lag and changed from multicast to unicast which solved the issue.
I have also read somewhere that a wireless connection on your network will cause similar issues. Duno if you have one of those.