LOR RGB 10W flood

nutz4lights

Full time elf
Like David said, its not even DMX. It is completely dumb and completely flexible for use with numerous driving options. Shoot, you could even buy one of those dumb strip controllers (as long as its 12V) that use the RF touch remote... I'm using those in my house for dumb strip and they should easily drive one or two of these floods...

-Louie

nutz4lights

Full time elf
So, I went ahead and ordered one of these for myself and one for another local guy. I just had to test one out for $29... They arrived tonight and I hooked it up to my dumb strip controller (i.e. very basic effects).

Here are two videos from my garage (will get them outside tomorrow night)... one is closer to the white wall in the garage and the other is from a little farther back in the garage... These are very bright and easy to control with any dumb RGB controller (i.e. DC card). I'm very happy I bought this, especially for $29... usually their stuff is SOOO expensive, but this breaks that mold. I will buy some more and have flood lights in my display this year, which I was not planning on doing... it's just too easy not to... They come with a 16' 4-core cable attached to the flood light and they give you the mating 4-core waterproof pigtail to wire into your controller setup.

https://vimeo.com/album/2565172/video/76738899

https://vimeo.com/album/2565172/video/76738381

Enjoy,

-Louie

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
These floods are no different electrically to 12V dumb RGB strips. They are for use with an DC controller that has at least 3 channels.

nutz4lights

Full time elf
I don't know much about Holiday Coro's controllers, so I checked it out. It looks like they have a DMX > RGB controller that is around $8 for 3 channels of control (I assume that's what you're referring to Jedi). It seems to me like that would work for this flood. The DC cards I bought from AAH are around $35-40 for 15 channels which is on par for pricing on a per channel basis for that 3-channel controller from Holiday Coro. With the Holiday Coro controller, you need DMX, with my AAH DC15 controller, I need to feed it a spare pixel output from one of my E1.31 controllers (ok, it doesn't really need one dedicated output technically, you only need 15 pixels worth of space on a given output I think).

As David said, this flood has 4 wires like a 12V dumb strip... one is red, one is green, and one is blue, the other is +V.

Here is another way to think about this... if I took a 12V power supply and hooked up +V and ground to the +V and red wire on the flood light, with no controller... the flood should output red... and so on and so forth.

-Louie

jediknight2

Full time elf
Looks like you could use a few different controllers, which is good...I like OPTIONS...I have a few of the HC 3-channel controllers, as well as, a Renard 48LSD that would do the trick it sounds like.

nutz4lights

Full time elf
Made a nice little $4 heavy duty mount for this bad boy today... the spike is the majority of that cost as the tee and nuts & bolts were around $1...

20131013_104058.jpg

20131013_104217.jpg

20131013_104816.jpg

Thanks for looking

-Louie