Lost all transmission

jeromej

Newbee, and learning the hard way!!!
Hi everyone

In need of some help
I am using a Hlly transmitter and it has be very reliable for the past 2 to3 years.
Tonight l lost all transmission and l am now only getting what sound like is electrical interference.
I though this may be a near by transformer, so l swapped it over with a new one, this had no affect.
I turned of my network router for my js1 boards and l noticed that the sound stop but still do not get any music through the transmitter. I check everything l can think of, is it possible that the transmitter had just died? I did a reset of the transmitter and noticed the sound did stop for a moment and once it have fully come back online the sound started again
Everything seems to be ok
Totally stumped!!!!!!
Any thoughts anyone? and if it is dead does any one know where l can get a new one locally in Melbourne, l look online and there does not seem to be much in Australia, if can not fix it or find a new one that will be it for the year as l don't think the ones online will come in time

Thanks
Jerome

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Ensure you have power

Check that the audio cable is working

Check that you dont have the computer sound output set low

Check that the antenna is connected correctly

What antenna have you used and did you tune the antenna because an untuned antenna for the frequency used can damage the signal amplifier especially with higer wattage transmitters.

jeromej

Thanks Eddy

Tick all these boxes, and had Beacy check it out as well as he uses the same one.
The transmitter just will not put out any sound.

Looks like it is dead.
Do you repair items like this?
Have ordered an new one but if l can get it repaired it will give me a back up if it ever happens again.

Cheers
Jerome

jeromej

Thanks for the suggestionI tested the lead by using it to record music from my iphone to the computer and it worked fine.
No problems there. So the music is getting to the FM transmitter.

Cheers
Jerome

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
Have you checked that there is audio coming out of the PC though?

Maybe plug a small set of speakers or headphone into the PC audio out to be sure.

jeromej

Good thought.

I have already completed this test.
No problems with the music coming out of the computer.

I found a place in Organge NSW that manufactures FM transmitters and has one that is design for public announcements at show grounds.
l hope to have a new one today or tomorrow depending on Australia post.
Keeping my fingers crossed that it will be the earlier.

Thanks again for your ideas on trouble shooting.

Cheers
Jerome