LSP Scheduler slowing & stopping show

Beacy

It's so much better on the dark side
Well 2014 will be one to be remebered, finally sorted most of th bugs out of electrics & display load up 3 sequences in LSP Scheduler and after 10mins of optimisation the show starts at have speed, stopping and starting and randomly deleting elements & effects........needless to say one happy camper. NOT.

All the zone channels are set correctly, the sequences output correctly when played out of sequencer, file sizes range from 16mb to 25 mb.

Some suggestions would be greaty appreciated.... really begining to question the time, effort, money and grief this hobby tends to bring with it.

kane

Dedicated elf
Beacy said:
Well 2014 will be one to be remebered, finally sorted most of th bugs out of electrics & display load up 3 sequences in LSP Scheduler and after 10mins of optimisation the show starts at have speed, stopping and starting and randomly deleting elements & effects........needless to say one happy camper. NOT.

All the zone channels are set correctly, the sequences output correctly when played out of sequencer, file sizes range from 16mb to 25 mb.

Some suggestions would be greaty appreciated.... really begining to question the time, effort, money and grief this hobby tends to bring with it.

Last year I was having very weird issues with lagging sequences, and switched to a separate network for e1.31 (added a usb network device to the show pc), and this fixed my issues.. If you're in a position to try this, might be worth it. At the very least, if you can isolate your show pc and your e1.31 controllers physically, at least that would rule out network issues..

dale82

Senior elf
I would reccommend a reboot of your pc after it optimises it in the scheduler. Once it's in there it will be alright. Also make sure that you are not running wifi along side your connection to your switch. I found with mine it was glitchy with wifi on aswell. See if that helps

Beacy

Show computer is a stand alone and there are no other networks running there is no wireless or any internet working at the time of the show

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Have you tried playing around with the Additional Configuration Options which is found at the bottom of the E1.31 output configuration screen
Here you can set the Periodic or Asynchronous times for data flow which may help your issue.

Beacy

Saw that was a bit reluctant to mess with it but nothing ventured nothing gained

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
I would try using the periodic Only option and start at 30ms first then try 100ms and see if there is a difference.
If there is a difference then it looks like there may be a bandwidth issue and separating your networks could help with this

Beacy

There is only one network, whislt show is on there is no internet or other networks

gerry

Senior elf
Are you running Unicast or multicast ?

If unicast , then all your configured controllers must be connected , else it simply wont keep time.

Beacy

Using Multicast... @ Eddy "resource monitr" not sure where that is

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Under task manager there's a tab for network utilisation. This will only show what's happening coming out of you network card and won't necessarily show you have a bottleneck caused by a downstream 10M switch or something like that. If the network card is maxing out then that will show up and you will have no hope downstream.

Oh . BTW Beacy. LOR rocks :)

dale82

Senior elf
I read on the lsp forum today that someone else is having the same issue on an i5 and a large channel count of over 10,000 channels and when they switched to an i7 there wasn't any lag at all. I am not sure what system you are running but for my show pc it's an i7 with no issues. Maybe this could explain it. By chance do you have an i7 you could try? I hope you get it sorted mate