Make sure your Audio file is right in LSP

Benslights

Dedicated elf
Ok guys and gals

a few in chat have said. "why is my sequencer not sequencing as fast as Matts was in the webinar"
I had another issue with the macros running over the time I set in the layer and Superman had the reverse it was coming up short.

when we changed our audio files to MP3 128kbps and 44000hz Stereo this made the macros finish perfect.

it also made the sequencer process a lot faster.

so if you are having these issues check your audio file.

you can fix this by running the audio file through freemake.

dale82

Senior elf
I'm wondering if this is why it takes me close to to half an hour to apply any macros to my display! I'll check it out and report back. Well spotted guys! This will hopefully make my sequencing a lot less painful.

Cheers

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
I use audacity first with my music file before I use it in LSP to ensure its is encoded correctly

BradsXmasLights

WiFi Interactive
To clarify, 4000hz not 40000hz right?
4000hz sounds terrible, but not as terrible as slow being slow and I guess it can be switched back to a HQ MP3 when done.

burner

Full time elf
If you have Windows 7 (might also be available on Windows8), right click your MP3 file and select MediaInfo. This will give you a heap of information about your MP3. Look at the "Overall bit rate" and then the "Sampling Rate".
You could then use something like Audacity or FormatFactory (both are freeware) that could re-code your MP3 into the correct values.

dale82

Senior elf
Well I'm happy to say that this has sped up my sequencing 10 fold! Thanks for the tip guys! :D