Mega Tree 16 strand to 20 Stand with only 16 ports

Adrianleu

New elf
Hey Everyone
How would make a custom model Megatree that would allow me to add 4 50node strings to a standard 16 string tree with only the 16 ports still avaliable?

ryanschristmaslights

Senior elf
Administrator
Could you connect two strings together to run off each controller output, such as in an up->down configuration? Then you would end up with a 20 strand, but 10 string tree. 2 strands per string and controller output, so only 10 controller outputs used. No custom model necessary.

Note: With 100 pixels in a single string, depending on the kind of pixels used (e.g. voltage and wires size), you may need to add power injection. This video is a good explainer:

Indigogyre

Journeyman Elf
Generous elf
I ran my old megatree of 24 by 50 12v pixels per strand from 6 ports of 200 pixels per port at 30% brightness with no issues. I plan to run my upgraded tree that will have double the pixels the same way by limiting each port to 200. Even if there is some slight white color issues they are normally at the bottom of the tree and not as noticeable.

Doing it this way you can do as @ryanschristmaslights suggested and power inject also at the end and have little worries.