Melbourne/Vic Melbourne Mini 2021 - CANCELLED

Event details

Event date
Saturday, Jul 17, 2021 Saturday, Jul 17, 2021
Registration deadline
Thursday, Jul 15, 2021
Maximum guests
Username Guest count Note
djgra79 djgra79 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Kotche Kotche 1 Spoiler content hidden.
C Croydon Lights 1 Spoiler content hidden.
thewanderingpine thewanderingpine 1 Spoiler content hidden.
abundy abundy 1 Spoiler content hidden.
B Brett Greenland 2 Spoiler content hidden.
C christophe 1 Spoiler content hidden.
M mikey 2
B Brendan22 1
andrewa andrewa 1
cdjazman cdjazman 1

mikey

New elf
Hi All!

Sadly we are going to have to cancel the Melb Mini.

We will hopefully try to find another new date in the near future when the current situation changes.

In the meantime happy Pixel Pushing!!

Brett Greenland

New elf
Fingers Crossed we can get together this Saturday but it isnt looking promising from what I am hearing atm. Public and home gathering will be capped and res

Brett Greenland

New elf
Damm not good…. Was really looking forward to going, perhaps we should raffle the door prizes who knows when we get this done sadly

Reactions: AAH

Kotche

Apprentice elf
I was mentally psyched! Disappointing, but look forward to the rescheduled event hopefully in the near future.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
At this rate, it will be a mini in December and going to visit each other's displays.
Actually with the way things are going I'm hoping that we can at least visit and have our displays. Last year I had a much reduced display due to not knowing what was going to happen and this year with the Delta strain absolutely trashing things there is the possibility that things could go dark. That's only happened a few December nights here since 2004.

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
We just need to make sure we have the best shows at December because Victoria will need it
Hopefully we'll be allowed out to see them...
Either way, I want to put my show on this year, if anything to give myself a distraction, I don't actually care if noone sees it - this year is for me (at this stage!)

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Just in case any Victorians were holding out in the hope that restrictions would ease somewhat and we could get together, sad to say that ship has sailed after today's announcements.

But my message to any of the newer members who were looking forward to meeting up, seeing products first hand and asking questions face to face, is please don't be afraid to ask any questions you may have.

This forum is built for that reason, to share knowledge and experiences across the community wide audience. The chat room always has someone around to get some instant responses from a narrower but still extremely knowledgeable few. There's of course plenty of videos on YouTube relating to FPP and xlights, as well as behind the scenes of displays. And for those on the Book of Face, the Unofficial AusChristmasLighting page is a great way to quickly share your images of build progress to either show off or get advise on.

So don't be a stranger, share your joys or your frustrations, we've all been there, and we're all looking forward to lighting up in some way shape or form this year.

Stay safe and look out for each other.
(Socially distanced) hugs, DJ