Metal enclosures

Gonkulor

New elf
Does anyone have a knowledge to where I can find metal boxes/enclosures for individual boards? I'm bolting all my hardware down, so I need metal. The flexing of my project might crack plastic. I'm aware of insulating everything. Trust me, even if I have to pour a non conductive epoxy into the box, it will be insulated.

I'm checking out digikey but not having any luck.

Best Regards
Gonk

Gonkulor

New elf
I missed adding the boards I need boxed are 1. CMB16D-QC and 2. ECG-M32MX/ECG-PIXAD8. Yes I know Ed sells boxes. I think he has enough to do than sell me a $6 box.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Regards
Gonk

Gonkulor

New elf
I have gone to them multiple times for my project and they always look at me like I'm nutz and tell me to go online.

Gonk

Gonkulor

New elf
The latest thing was the reversing contactor I wanted. They got lots of them, but not for 36 volts. He just ended the conversation with that.

Sheesh, lets talk about voltage and it's effects a bit. Maybe every time I go there they are having a bad day.

It could also be that I'm doing something out of the ordinary and he to is task saturated.

I'll get what I need if I keep plugging along

Gonkulor

New elf
I'll find something but I thought maybe if I started a thread with the "Metal enclosure" tag, it might help others if there is good info out there somewhere