Mini Trees that are built like Mega Trees

Partychef

New elf
No it wasn't mine but I am basically copying it to suit my own application, plus I have
most materials easily on hand so cost is best part of zero
I'm keen to give it a go.

Any idea what these pieces are?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220122-103221_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20220122-103221_Photos.jpg
    309.9 KB · Views: 14

Adsy

Full time elf
Yeah the one on the right is the original and left is modified. They are a Chroma pole topper. Troy from Extreme Lighting Displays sells them but it looks as though they are out of stock at the moment. There are other alternatives if your into DIY like timber,metal or even a good gauge acrylic/perspex would do the trick

HertzSwift

Apprentice elf
It's a Phenolic Resin Panel used in schools, prisons, and building fascades; hard as the hobs of hell to cut.

Have you had an opportunity to use the Phenolic Resin Panel material? Are you certain this material is capable of handling the stresses of taught pixel strips?

BAZMick

Full time elf
Generous elf
G'day Brett, haven't as yet. Work's been very busy but I've got some time toward end of this week to have a play.
This material has replaced 18mm CFC in toilets and wet areas. We never see failures of it breaking due to bending unless we've run over a corner with the forklift truck.

HertzSwift

Apprentice elf
Just thought I'd share an update, I've ended up using a 60cm base ring from a reclining chair and 20cm x 6mm steel plate that I've drilled to become the topper.

Steel discs drilled and ready for painting

20220809_172114.png

20mm flange mounted on the base ring, with a 20mm x 1.2m galvanized pole

20220806_163057.png

HertzSwift

Apprentice elf
Close, 414 pixels, 18 strands, 23 pixels per strand. Power injection point at 207th pixel.

A welcome, unplanned, surprise is I didn't need to cut the pixels from strand to strand at the bottom, that saved me ALOT of soldering