Mounting RGB Strip

tuppetsdad

Funding & Tech Support
Tried also with Stallascapes new Pixel strips (like on the spider at the mini) and they fit perfect.

bbayjohn

Senior elf
Great product, didn't fade. Has been on all year and rgb strips still work :)
Some more info on them, as I just ordered more
It can be ordered in from Bunnings if they don't have it in stock. Usually found in the roofing section. The Sun Tuff c-endcap clear 3m R5445-98209 bar code 933135700314 and the magic Bunnings code File line 1010480.

elnino

Full time elf
Anyone have some idea on how these would be best mounted on a rendered house? I've considered the likes of hot glue and silicone but i'm worried it's going to be too hard to get off or the hot glue not holding. The next option is drill/wall plugs but concerned about leaving holes in the house.

mborg10

Michael Borg
Hot glue won't hold and it dis colours. You can get some zip tie mounts remove the doubled sided tape from the back and silicone these to the render and just zip tie your strips mounted to a frame to it each year

ShellNZ

Senior elf
Yep, thats how I do it, zip-tie mounts....however......

If I could do it over again I would still use mounts for gravelly roof, BUT drill lil holes into the weatherboard/eaves.

I didnt want holes as I thought it would be messy, whats far more messy is when it comes time to remove the mounts off the house its gonna leave behind the furry backing which is gonna require sanding then repainting.

With holes it would have been just a lil bit of putty and paint.

ShellNZ

Senior elf
Yeh that was I did last year, left the mounts up. I got black ones for eaves as our eaves are near black and white ones for house. So you couldnt really see them which was great but they gonna have to come off one day.

Boof63

Senior elf
Some do come off in about year on my roof, however painted the White ones a close colour as my eaves and still there. Add small zip tie and all hooked up ready to go. , but also easy to pull down again. Cheers

elnino

Full time elf
Can someone post a pic of how they ziptied it to one of the cips please

Boof63

Senior elf
For the roof I have thin pieces of wood as a base 20mm x 2.5m (?this insulates as well as let me fold,in half to put away) strip,is zipped to wood and then both lots zipped to mounts ,photo shows strip,inside of suntuf end cap , but principles is the same, hope this helps , zip,goes thru small holders on mount and the over top of strip and zipped up. Cheers Boof63

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415918836.774210.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415918836.774210.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 172

elnino

Full time elf
Thanks boof I was probably over complicating things in my mind again....