Mounting RGB Strip

tuppetsdad

Funding & Tech Support
Yeah.. thanks for that Tuppets! :rolleyes:

Sorry Tim! I can definitely say that you really should just order them in, it is MUCH easier! We bought out Bunnings at Hawthorn, Nunawading, Box Hill, Notting Hill, Northland and Coburg. If you are looking to buy these we can give you a barcode to take to Bunnings - we found they really had no idea what we wanted to order until they could look it up on their system with a barcode, and even then they somehow missed the fact that we were ready to place an order so we gave up and drove around.

So what type of glue? standard hot melt? You continue to break new ground... (please just make sure you don't break any new ground from the top of the turret!)

Yep, cheap hot glue gun from Bunnings. Last year we bought 100 sticks of glue for it so we are set for a while.

TimW

Full time elf
tuppetsdad said:
We bought out Bunnings at Hawthorn, Nunawading, Box Hill, Notting Hill, Northland and Coburg.
Wow... you even visited "knifeland"?! Dedication..
I already have strip mounted on the white pvc version of these end caps (I didn't spy the clear... but then I do live near you so its not surprising there was none left on display when I was looking a month ago!... :) )
The real question is.. how come I didn't see you at any of these locations? On the balance of probablility and visit frequencey our paths should have crossed!
Have picked up the barcode from previous post for reference. Thanks.

Bird

LOR user
So I can attempt to find this, or something similar, in the USA, what would this product normally be used for?
Tried to find using the name C-ENDCAP CLEAR 3M; R5445-98209; etc. on www.bunnings.com.au and in a search engine with no success.

tuppet

Apprentice elf
The product is normally used for edging on polycarbonate corrugated roofing. I'm not sure how popular that is in the US, but there may be a similar product. Suntuf brand is what we have, I don't know if they distribute over there.

tuppetsdad

Funding & Tech Support
So Tim looks like you need to visit Bunnings at Epping, Taylor's Lakes, Thomastown or Altona North.

tuppetsdad

Funding & Tech Support
"You continue to break new ground.."

Yes Tim that's what Engineers do ...find practical solutions. We look forward to a certain consultant leveraging this and selling the "concept" to others....

TimW

Full time elf
Yep. I'm a big fan of engineering. And Bunnings. And Christmas.
Hmm...I wonder what hobby I could have that combines all three?
All that and Altona North! Woohoo!

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
does it have room in there for a piece of 4core security cable or 2?

BradsXmasLights

WiFi Interactive
Just pulled down all my RGB strips from the roof. It seems the glue/resin inside the RayWu IP68 rated 6803 pixel strips have yellowed very slightly - and inconsistantly - mainly where there was large portions of the glue facing the daylight.

Any one else notice this?

Good news is this roof edging hasn't discoloured at all :)

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
I had this last year but the coating is still good and the light that comes out of it seems just as good as well so im not worried, kind of expected it anyway. Will be interesting to see how they look after the second season when i pull them down over the next few days, they seem to look good still when working so if they coloured a bit more then ill still be happy with it.

tuppetsdad

Funding & Tech Support
Just pulled down the RGB strips. Took all of 10 mins to pull don 100m as I left the edging strips up. No obvious yellowing of the RGB strip so looks like the UV protection in the clear strip helps.

Plan to leave the clear strips up as not many people will notice...although Mother Tuppet is keen to get the outside house painted... 8)