Mounting rgb strips around window frame outline

tom82

New elf
I too made up 20mm PVC conduit frames for all my windows. We used conduit clips (one in each corner) and the conduit just clips in. The clips are coloured the same as the frame so you can hardly see them when the conduit is taken down.

anon

Apprentice elf
Must say it all worked a treat with the brick clips, magnets and end caps. Only mods needed were:
- Silicone to secure magnets to the endcap. Araldite isn't flexible to take the bend of endcap, silicone works a treat. Also the Araldite let go under the lips of my stairs (expansion of the magnet/endcap perhaps?). Silicone again fixed this.
- Added a cable tie looped through the clip and around the end cap to further secure it against the clip. The magnet locates and positions the strip, the cable tie more or less locks it in place.
- Vertical sections were going to have the endcap channel open at the top to stop the rgb strip from dropping out. This collected water, so an inch of weather proof strip was inserted every couple of feet to better hold the strip in place, and the endcap was turned upside down. The force of the weather proof strip against the rgb strip in the endcap holds it very secure and would require some force for it to be pulled out.

Does anyone have leads on where to get those brick clips first mentioned in this thread? or even a record of the pic used (link is dead) as i may be able to get some manufactured.

cheers

AussieDoug

Full time elf
I have just used screw hooks into the timber surrounds of the window. Then zip tie the frame to them & the security screens.
FORSH6010.JPG