New P12S controller not connecting via web browser

petcon

New elf
Hello All,

I'm having an issue with the P12S controller. I cannot connect via the web browser. I can ping the P12S with no issues. I have disabled the firewall and the antivirus on both Windows XP and Windows 7 workstations. Any ideas?

Thanks,

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I am guessing that by saying you can ping it that means that when pinging 10.10.10.10 you are getting 100% success.
When you try the same address in your browser what happens?
I had issues when using my P2 in that I had to set my IP of the ethernet port to somewhere in the 10.10.10.xx range to get it to talk successfully.

kane

Dedicated elf
The key thing will be to make sure you're connecting to the right IP address via your web browser..

First question to ask, is how do you actually know that you're pinging the P12S - you may actually be pinging your own computer's IP address.. Obviously if you then attempt to connect via HTTP, nothing will be returned (unless of course you're running a webserver on your computer!)

Let us know your level of IT proficiency so we can target our help at the right level

Cheers

Kane

petcon

New elf
The IP address on the computer is set to 10.10.10.5. When I try to connect through the browser using Internet explorer 10 and Firefox via the 10.10.10.10 address the message I get is the page can't be displayed.

Also my level is very high. I'm a IT Tech for a school board.

Benslights

Dedicated elf
are you sure it is a p12s?? and not a p12r

as I know for a fact that the firmware is not complete yet and that ed should have it ready for me early next week to email out to the people that purchased it at the Sydney mini.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
My P2 wasn't new when I got it and I did a usb upgrade on it to set it back to stock standard. It may be worth using the usb utility to make sure that everything is hunky dory.

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
Maybe try connecting to the board via the USB connector and the PIC32UBL program available here and via J1Sys. There you can check the settings, maybe change the IP address just in case you have something else connected at 10.10.10.10 (Even experts forget that other P12R connected at the other end of the shed, or modem at the same address lol)

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
Oh and using a few different programs here on PC's for antivirus, I have NEVER had to disable that, or the windows firewall for any setup of the J1Sys gear

petcon

New elf
Yea it's the P12S that was released a few weeks ago. The price was a little more than the P12R.
I will try to connect via the USB connector.

Thanks

Benslights

Dedicated elf
ok well then you can only connect to it through the ubl. when you plug lights in what is it doing to them?? is it keeping only a few on??

petcon

New elf
I can connect to the ubl with no issues. As far as I can see it looks okay. Firmware version is 1.3.
Lights connected partially come on.

Benslights

Dedicated elf
yep that is all ok then and as far as you can go till ed updates us with new firmware for the p12s and the 2 asic chips. that should not be long from what ed was telling me the other night

G

GoofyGuy

Can you bring up the IP list of connected devices for the switch/router to confirm its the right IP?