New Pixelhead - Victoria

Brendan Marks

New elf
G'Day,
New pixelhead in Victoria. Purchased my first dig quad board and 1k pixels last year but was unable to find the time to get started being a school teacher... we really dont get holidays...
So finally got my first string of permanent LED's in on my fascia and stuck it out this year with standard lights everywhere else.
But I am looking forward to learning more and growing my show.
I have a few props on order from QLD and other places as well as looking for things to use to create my own.
I have a very nice trampoline base for the first part of my mega tree.... (yes i know baby steps) but planning is just as fun as the making.

I 100% have so much to learn though so will be throwing things out to the community for sure about best types of connections to maximise what boards i have and power useage. Lets not get into xlights stuff just yet. Ill leave all that till after i have the lights and props, though xlights does have the wire model which is very handy if i want to make my own props and just use those templates when im done.

I am a regular on the american Discord with DrZz, Quindor and Scott (from xlights). But was searching for another means due to the time variations, not always possible to get support when I have time to work on it. Then realised there was a guy with an amazing show around the corner from me and he is a regular here, so here I am.

Attached is a pic of what I have this year, and a picture of whats to come with my current orders + a mega tree.

Attachments

• xmas lights.jpg
    xmas lights.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 22
  • Basic Layout Setup.jpg
    Basic Layout Setup.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 23

thewanderingpine

Full time elf
Merry christmas and Welcome to ACL. I know there’s a few of us that started with some of those DrZzzzz videos and then started to look beyond it. I still run 2 dig-quads as part of my show and often recommend them to people.

I’m not sure where in Melbourne you are - if you’re in the general south east and want a behind the scenes tour in the next couple of days before I pack it all up - let me know. (Or reach out to whoever is around the corner and see if you can do that with them)

someoneAUS

Apprentice elf
Generous elf
Also new and looking to start 2023. What is the prop you have planned out on the garage face there. Looks like a combo singing tree/rosetta. Which sounds ideal.

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Welcome to ACL Brendon. Looking forward to seeing your progress in the new year.

Brendan Marks

New elf
Very close, i got the smaller one,

Brendan Marks

New elf
Merry christmas and Welcome to ACL. I know there’s a few of us that started with some of those DrZzzzz videos and then started to look beyond it. I still run 2 dig-quads as part of my show and often recommend them to people.

I’m not sure where in Melbourne you are - if you’re in the general south east and want a behind the scenes tour in the next couple of days before I pack it all up - let me know. (Or reach out to whoever is around the corner and see if you can do that with them)

I am out west, but ill be heading to the beach in Rye on the 28th for a week out that way. Are you somewhere close during my travels, I would never pass up an opportunity to see behind the scenes. Gotta learn from those who did it first.

thewanderingpine

Full time elf
According to google maps - I'm about a 5 min detour each way away from eastlink - which I assume you'd be taking?

I'll probably be starting to take things down on Wednesday - but first priority on wednesday (It's too hot tomorrow) - is documenting how it all goes together so I can re-assemble it next year. SO I suspect it will all still be up by the time you'd be heading through.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
It's worth having a look at the display locations map to see who else has a display around your area and it's also good to add your own display location.