New T type splitter

Ɠαяєтн

Mae gen i C.L.A.P ei heintus iawn
I was thinking of using these new splitters with the power injection ones that Ray offers;

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/3-core-T-type-waterproof-splitter-the-middle-is-2core-BLACK-color-the-male-connect-s/701799_1707253215.html

I see the injection connectors are the 13.5mm variant with 3 x 0.75mm2 cable. I assume that the 15mm connectors have larger pins and therefore can carry more current. So it might be better to ask Ray if he can make both types of connectors in the larger format.

I am just starting out using these connectors and just wondering what people have had experience with? Which ones are better?

mborg10

Michael Borg
I actually have a bunch of these 3core with 2 core power injection in the middle on order. I put my order thru with a bunch of other custom stuff about a month ago, but I'm not pushing Ray as late last year this is what happened and I got sub par product. So with an agreement between me and Ray he is sorting me out with some replacement stuff. So ill just be patient and wait.

The t spitters will be used for my 100 milky white stars I use on my roof. They come pre wired with the pigtails so this makes it plug and play (kinda) The 100 stars set me back about $800 but they covered my entire roof (small house) and looked great.

I think Ill do pixicles when everyone figures out the easiest way to do them, then I'll jump on board. Or Ill just get Ray to make them.

logandc99

Dedicated elf
Christmas @ the Myrtle (Damicka10) said:
The t spitters will be used for my 100 milky white stars I use on my roof. They come pre wired with the pigtails so this makes it plug and play (kinda) The 100 stars set me back about $800 but they covered my entire roof (small house) and looked great.

Wow, I was going to order 20 of these for my roof..... now that just doesn't sound like enough now. Do you have a pic or video of how they looked?

Christmas @ the Myrtle (Damicka10) said:
I think Ill do pixicles when everyone figures out the easiest way to do them, then I'll jump on board. Or Ill just get Ray to make them.

Sounds like plan

mborg10

Michael Borg
This just just a testing video. Didn't record my entire show last year. Oh and I got ray to make the stars ws2811 dc12v
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9N2MHLHyeE

logandc99

Dedicated elf
Very nice effect.
Hmmmm, maybe I will have to order a few more than I thought.

jerrymac

Apprentice elf
Why not use 4 core (radially available) and use the 4th (unused on 3 conductor strings) for the DO connection on two of the three ends?

Habbosrus

Back again
Ray has just advised they are now available on his site. Here they are, in black 15mm at least. New splitter I'm waiting for a reply from Ray to find out when they'll be available in white 13.5mm

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
gαяєтн said:

I know this is a little off topic but was looking at the power injection connector above. I thought the +ve had to be separated from the section upstream and only the -ve was common to all power supplies. Have I got something wrong.

mborg10

Michael Borg
BundyRoy said:
gαяєтн said:

I know this is a little off topic but was looking at the power injection connector above. I thought the +ve had to be separated from the section upstream and only the -ve was common to all power supplies. Have I got something wrong.
But if your using the same power supply for power injection and to run your controller, no problems.

mborg10

Michael Borg
Got my t splitters for power injection today. Great time and wiring saver if you purchase pre wired items like the milky stars

sy2yvy6y.jpg

Habbosrus

Back again
Christmas @ the Myrtle (Michael) said:
Got my t splitters for power injection today. Great time and wiring saver if you purchase pre wired items like the milky stars

Do these fit Ray's white 13.5mm pigtails? I have 3 core white pigtails (http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/100-pairs-3-Core-White-Waterproof-Line-15cm-long-each-male-and-female-3core/701799_331631241.html) on my strips and would like to order these for power injection. Before I do, I want to find out if they fit and if the pin out is the same.