New T type splitter

logandc99

Dedicated elf
I got the ones that fit the 13.5mm pigtails and have been using them with my 13.5mm pigtails on my Olaf.

Edit: actually just realised I am using the black 13.5mm pigtails. I will try and check the white ones too but I'm sure they would be the same as the black ones

mborg10

Michael Borg
The t splitters I got are 13.5mm and work with both white and black 13.5mm plugs. Previously ray only offered white in 13.5mm and black in 15mm but not anymore. You can get 13.5 in white and black

mborg10

Michael Borg
Habbosrus said:
Christmas @ the Myrtle (Michael) said:
Got my t splitters for power injection today. Great time and wiring saver if you purchase pre wired items like the milky stars

Do these fit Ray's white 13.5mm pigtails? I have 3 core white pigtails (http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/100-pairs-3-Core-White-Waterproof-Line-15cm-long-each-male-and-female-3core/701799_331631241.html) on my strips and would like to order these for power injection. Before I do, I want to find out if they fit and if the pin out is the same.

That's what I use. I try and get ray to attach them to save me time

Boof63

Senior elf
OK folks maybe I'm missing something here (could be a brain DOH!) .If the data line runs in/out of the middle plug how do you 1. reconnect that circuit. . 2. why doesn't the data run from left to right (as in Rays diagrams) and all you do is inject power through the middle. If someone can explain how they get around no 1. then 2 becomes a side issue.
so thanks in advance to everyone.
cheers Boof63

mborg10

Michael Borg
Boof63 said:
OK folks maybe I'm missing something here (could be a brain DOH!) .If the data line runs in/out of the middle plug how do you 1. reconnect that circuit. . 2. why doesn't the data run from left to right (as in Rays diagrams) and all you do is inject power through the middle. If someone can explain how they get around no 1. then 2 becomes a side issue.
so thanks in advance to everyone.
cheers Boof63
I'm assuming for 1 your looking at the 4 core plug. This plug is designed so you can make icicles from strip. The data would travel down the strip then you have to provide a return data line back up the strip which connects in the 4 core plug.

The 3 core plug is for power injection and the data runs continuously from left to right.

Boof63

Senior elf
I said the brain was missing!!! Thanks for the clarification looked at the four core page not the three core, so thankyou for helping me out.

Cheers Boof63 ;) ;) ;)

rogerdc46

New elf
This is my first year in the hobby. Though pixicles aren't in this year's budget this thread got me thinking. Because my house has soffits there isn't a place to hide bulky splitters. I want something more compact. I have never made a PCB before but after figuring out "ExpressPCB" software, spending about $50 for a pre-sensitized copper board and chemicals, I produced this in about two hours this morning. The 4" x 6" (or ~ 100mm x 150mm) board fit 38 in total so there are others. If the two empty holes are bridged with a jumper the "board" should have an alternate use for power injection (but it can't do both). I figure they can be made to this point for less than $0.35US each.

I don't really have an end-game so I thought I'd throw it out there for input. What do y'all think?

Attachments

• Splitter_PCB_front_small.jpg
    Splitter_PCB_front_small.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 26
  • Splitter_PCB_back_small.jpg
    Splitter_PCB_back_small.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 21

Ɠαяєтн

Mae gen i C.L.A.P ei heintus iawn
What an excellent idea Roger.

If you swapped the labels for the +ve and -ve you could also use the board for single or multiple power supply injection. Have the rear link for single power supply where both +ve and -ve are connected or remove the rear link if you only require a common -ve for multiple power supplies.

rogerdc46

New elf
Thanks Gareth. As I said I'm new to all this so I didn't even know there was multiple power injection.

The traces are .040 inches and it's an MG Chemicals pre-sensitised board ("s" in lieu of "zed" out of respect for the rest of the English speaking world).

Roger

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
A trace 40 thou (0.04") wide is rated for about 3-4 Amps on 1oz copper. Something to keep in mind when considering how much current will pass though the boards earlier on in the chain.

rogerdc46

New elf
I was concerned there wouldn't be adequate conductivity. I tin coated the circuits with some liquid tin I mistakenly order from Mouser a while back. I got a solid 0.2 ohms across all circuits.

R

rogerdc46

New elf
Thanks David. I knew there would be a limit to what it could handle and that it would be low. I'll keep that in mind if I move forward with the idea.