New to this, looking for advice, Thanks

bundymat

New elf
Hi Franky_88

Have downloaded the 101 manual, and will end up reading 1,000,000,000 times I would say

I would like to have a basic set up for xmas 2021 and build on each year, would like a 2 or 3 m tree, with smart rgb nodes

What would be the best controllers etc to start with,
Best site to buy rgb string lights etc

Thanks for your reply

I am in North Queensland

Mark_M

Annoying Elf
What would be the best controllers etc to start with,
Best site to buy rgb string lights etc
Controllers in AU available are Advatek ones, otherwise you'll see a lot of people here using Falcon (including myself).
Falcon group buys ended this year on AusChristmasLighting, they originally started because pixelcontroller.com wouldn't ship outside the USA. But now that there is a huge amount of interest on this side of the globe the bulk buy has stopped and the seller will ship directly to Australia.

As for pixel lights:
Only sellers I know in AU is Hansen Electronics and Minleon.
You're cheapest way is directly to China.
I've used the seller "Ray Wu" Sellers are mentioned in the 101.
I looked on this Aliexpress store and then emailed him for direct payment. Most use direct payment because online stores like Aliexpress take a commission and shipping calculation is very high, so emailing directly gets a better price.

bundymat

New elf
Thanks for the reply, lots to take in at the moment, I have done a little looking around, There is a guy in Townsville, I have seen his house a few times and have been inspired to do some like that

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator
Welcome @bundymat the Wiki has some good resources for what's available and where to buy from, you just have to have a good look around.
Look under the heading RGB and Pixels on this link for the 5 most common Chinese vendors https://auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/Lighting-suppliers#Lights-wholesale The two different Zhang's have become popular this year, especially since Ray has had quality issues the last 2 years.
This link for Controllers
For coro props in Aus there's only 1 place to go https://extremelightingdisplays.com.au/
Most of the USA and UK suppliers ship to Aus but you pay a premium in shipping costs.

Disclaimer: Vendor listings are for information only, you need to do your own research and decision on what to buy and from whom. :)

bundymat

New elf
Thanks OzAz

I have looked at extreme lighting displays, Was going to contact them in the new year

This site and forum will be very helpful

A member also lives in Townsville and have seen his display 4 times this xmas alone, kids love it

Thanks for your reply

Zuseleets

Full time elf
there's a few members in ACL @Zuseleets is very active in chat and has an impressive looking display
Hi Mat. I’m not sure who’s display you have seen in Townsville, but there is at least 7 displays like mine here. Like I’ve said in my message to you, I’m more than happy to show you around my display and answer any questions you have. Cheers, Suz

bijayvadakel

New elf
Controllers in AU available are Advatek ones, otherwise you'll see a lot of people here using Falcon (including myself).
Falcon group buys ended this year on AusChristmasLighting, they originally started because pixelcontroller.com wouldn't ship outside the USA. But now that there is a huge amount of interest on this side of the globe the bulk buy has stopped and the seller will ship directly to Australia.

As for pixel lights:
Only sellers I know in AU is Hansen Electronics and Minleon.
You're cheapest way is directly to China.
I've used the seller "Ray Wu" Sellers are mentioned in the 101.
I looked on this Aliexpress store and then emailed him for direct payment. Most use direct payment because online stores like Aliexpress take a commission and shipping calculation is very high, so emailing directly gets a better price.
Do you have the email address for ray Wu?