Newbie Help

Hi Everyone,

This is my first year doing Christmas lights with Pixels, and I am slowly getting the lights up on my house. I have come across one problem. I have the below run of lights connected, however on the VER Right, about 3/4 of the way down the lights, the colours become wrong. Before I go splicing in new lights I want to double check things here first,

What I have already tried

Altering Brightness
Power Injecting
Re rendering show.

Also worth noting, on this run of lights, using the 50 pixel marker on the genial controller, I get 1 grouping of 12 on the Garage Left, then on the VER RIGHT, where the issue starts the markers change after 7 pixels (not 10)

1699260785132.png

Any Assistance would be appreciated. TIA

Pavle

Rank updated… 2 season veteran
Did you make the strand yourself (eg. joining 2 or more supplied strands) or is it one string from a factory?
It could be the RGB order is not the same if 2 or more strings. Sometimes they come GRB, BRG etc

Did you make the strand yourself (eg. joining 2 or more supplied strands) or is it one string from a factory?
It could be the RGB order is not the same if 2 or more strings. Sometimes they come GRB, BRG etc
Hi Pavle.
There is a join there somewhere. However it’s not where the colours change. And all my strings are the same purchased there same time in as bulk order

DarkwinX

Full time elf
are the colours wrong when running a basic test from the button on the controller and/or receiver?

Martin Mueller

Light Addicted and proud of it.
Generous elf
How wrong are the colors? If you do pure red, what color are they? Same for green and blue?

DarkwinX

Full time elf
Like @keithsw1111 suggested perhaps the universes are not sized correctly.

What controller do you have? What is setting up the controller with the pixel information? Are you running the show from FPP or from xLights?

Like @keithsw1111 suggested perhaps the universes are not sized correctly.

What controller do you have? What is setting up the controller with the pixel information? Are you running the show from FPP or from xLights?
Hi

I have a genius 16 output control that I have bulk uploaded from xlights all the settings for number of pixels. Show is run from FPP

DarkwinX

Full time elf
Hi

I have a genius 16 output control that I have bulk uploaded from xlights all the settings for number of pixels. Show is run from FPP
Are the colours correct if you use "output to lights" in xlights to run your show? Or is it incorrect for both FPP and xLights?

DarkwinX

Full time elf
Perhaps if you can post your configuration from the xlights controllers screen and the FPP outputs screen - sounds like there is a configuration issue somewhere.

Pavle

Rank updated… 2 season veteran
I think your output type needs to be E1.31 rather than DDP - you can set this in controller setup where you added the controller and then resend the info via fpp connect.

Note: I am not familiar with your controller so DDP may actually be correct.

Last edited: