teamdesousa19

New elf
new to the hobby, we currently have the standard solar led xmas lights and now i want to make the move to the next step.

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
Welcome to ACL @teamdesousa19
Great to make the jump, joined ACL a year ago for the same purpose - and definitely found the resources available here and the people very welcoming and helpful.

Grab the 101 Manual and have a good look through it - it hasn't been updated in a few years, some of the products have changed and new versions are out, but conceptually it's still very relevant.

Hop on into the chat room, start a thread in the forum, and you will definitely get assistance if you need it.

Where abouts are you located?

Pavle

Full time elf
Welcome. Sky master has covered everything you need to kick off, my only additional advice is try and see if there is a forum member nearby who has some lights running and make an effort to get around and have a good look. Most if not all of us would be happy to walk you through a behind the scenes and it can really help the planning and configuration process.

someone mentioned the other day, the best thing about this hobby is there is many ways you can go about things, because of this, it’s also the worst part. It can be addictive, time consuming and relatively expensive, so it’s best you work out what you like, what you want well before you move into the buying and building stage

Shane Scaife

New elf
Welcome, new myself, this is definitely overwhelming when looking at a whole show. But one prop. We can do that! Then another and another. Next thing you know it’s a few years later and you’re the one giving advice to the new guy. 🤷🏻

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Welcome to ACL! Jumping into pixels can be a bit daunting, lots more to it than just opening the box from Kmart/Bunnings but so much more rewarding for the end result.