Answered Not outputting to lights

kevr

Full time elf
Generous elf
So my life is made up of two cycles 1. I love computers and tech & 2. I hate computers; guess which today is?

keithsw1111

Senior elf
Run check sequence and check the up address of the network adapter is right. It may be sending it to the wrong network in which case you need to set force ip or get rid of multicast.

kevr

Full time elf
Generous elf
I have been sequencing on my office PC (desktop) and copied the xLights folder to the laptop I intend to run the show on the one I'm using now to try and test my arches. I will update changes on the desktop folder and copy the rest of the sequences over when I'm sorted and finished the last sequences.

kevr

Full time elf
Generous elf
Still at it, should be in bed (1:55 am), have gone back to the desktop and sorted a few more errors and have now got things looking a bit better. Will post the check sequence report in the morning.

So still a work in progress, thanks for your patience guys. It can be a bit of a pain in the you know where when it isn't going right.

logandc99

Dedicated elf
Just one other thought. Are you able to get other lights to light up from other controllers or are you just using the pixlite4. The reason I ask is because when I am testing my lights running xlights from the laptop, I am connected via ethernet to my controllers (via a switch) but if I try to output to lights in xlights with the wifi enabled on my laptop, I will not get anything to light up. As soon as I turn off wifi on the laptop, everything works fine. I am using a macbook so don't know what you are using but maybe try turning othe computer's wifi off and then give it a go.

keithsw1111

Senior elf
Just one other thought. Are you able to get other lights to light up from other controllers or are you just using the pixlite4. The reason I ask is because when I am testing my lights running xlights from the laptop, I am connected via ethernet to my controllers (via a switch) but if I try to output to lights in xlights with the wifi enabled on my laptop, I will not get anything to light up. As soon as I turn off wifi on the laptop, everything works fine. I am using a macbook so don't know what you are using but maybe try turning othe computer's wifi off and then give it a go.
You can fix that Logan with force ip.